The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics at LSE without further maths

I want to apply to economics at LSE, but my school is really against fourth a levels - further maths is an option, but when I went for induction they really tried to persuade me away from doing it as a fourth. I do a level chemistry, maths and English lit. I scored really highly on my year 12 mocks, I got 10 grade 9s at gcse, and I've done a ton of supercurricular work.
I'm looking studying economics at top unis but am a bit worried because of my subject choices. I've stopped considering Cambridge because around 90% of offer holders have further maths. Is this the case for LSE too?
For context, I'm currently doing the first semester of Stanford economics online. I've also found a course on applied calculus for economics from harvard. Obviously that won't fill the gap of not doing further maths or econ a level, but considering I'm working so hard on extra econ and maths will I still stand a chance at lse?
Brutal honesty please since I'm also applying to economics & management at oxford which is the hardest course in the country to get into, and since I only have 5 options I don't want to go for 2 near impossible ones. is my application greatly impacted by the fact I don't do economics or further maths a level?
(edited 2 years ago)
Mate, I have done this, so I know its possible, and I am younger than you, I think. Just teach it to yourself. You have 2 years, and like its doable, you will work at a much faster pace if you teach yourself the content. And plus, its more impressive.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending