The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse 2024

I got an offer for LSE philosophy and econ last year but I missed my offer and got AAB. Would it be worth reapplying for a different course at LSE with the AAB minimum requirement? Or is it too competitive? just wanting to know whether achieved has more weight than predicted.

Update: I got in again lol
(edited 1 day ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I know this is not related, but I am also applying for philosophy and economics, and I was wondering if you have any tips?
Thank you!!
Original post by boneappleteeth
I got an offer for LSE philosophy and econ last year but I missed my offer and got AAB. Would it be worth reapplying for a different course at LSE with the AAB minimum requirement? Or is it too competitive? just wanting to know whether achieved has more weight than predicted.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Hey , i wanted to ask how you structured your ps for philosophy and economics and what did you do as a supercurricular
Thank youu
and about your problem i think it would be pretty competitive seeing as others may have all A* or A so you might consider resitting one or two in your gap year
Original post by Anonymous
Hey , i wanted to ask how you structured your ps for philosophy and economics and what did you do as a supercurricular
Thank youu
and about your problem i think it would be pretty competitive seeing as others may have all A* or A so you might consider resitting one or two in your gap year

Honestly my PS was super personal it was about my background and I just linked it to the things I did - EPQ and a MOOC. Lol. Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
I’m applying LSE Economics and Politics with A*A*A* maths, economics, chemistry.

GCSEs: 9999888887

what were you predicted grades initially and what subjects did you take?
i think it would depend on if ur predicted gardes were rlly high, they would have taken that into consideration when giving you an offer. you can always re sit during your gap year to match with your previous predicted grades.
Original post by happygirl02
what were you predicted grades initially and what subjects did you take?
i think it would depend on if ur predicted gardes were rlly high, they would have taken that into consideration when giving you an offer. you can always re sit during your gap year to match with your previous predicted grades.

my predicted was one above each of my grades lol. I was predicted a*a*a... but lse don't like resits so idk if its just better to apply with actual grades. they might just automatically reject due to resit
my predicted was one above each of my grades lol. I was predicted a*a*a... but lse don't like resits so idk if its just better to apply with actual grades. they might just automatically reject due to resit

idk for sure their view on re sits but if you did further maths and were predicted an A/A*, they may have viewed that as a merit to ur application, if u were doing a course w econ and maths.
if u were doing fm, and wanted to resit maybe that could be a plus, if u got a b in that subject, and want to do smth related to econ at uni
this is just my opinion tho, i may be wrong
Reply 8
There are other courses that take AAB especially with contextual admissions in the LSE
Original post by hr27
I’m applying LSE Economics and Politics with A*A*A* maths, economics, chemistry.

me too! except I'm applying with IB grades so 44/45 with HL Maths AA, Economics & German
GCSEs: 9999988887
Reply 10
Original post by hr27

Let us know if you get an offer. We have similar stats and same subjects
Reply 11
ive applied for PPE at LSE with math, cs, and physics (ik the subject combo is v odd, changed my mind last minute XD). my predicted grades r A*A*A* i got an offer from kings and manchaster waiting on LSE and UCL . anyone received offers for PPE from LSE yet?
is it worth applying LSE econ with 2A*s predicted
Original post by anonymoussbbq
is it worth applying LSE econ with 2A*s predicted

It’s not highly likely. I know people that have been rejected with 4a*s (including further maths). If you’re not doing further maths, I’m not going to lie, I don’t think you would stand a chance but if one is further maths then you might as well give it a shot unless all your unis are relatively aspirational. LSE is very random so you never know but would definitely not recommend bothering applying without further maths. I might be wrong as this is from other people’s experience and not my own so I don’t want to lead you in the wrong direction. Hope it works out for you though and good luck!
Original post by Anonymous #2
It’s not highly likely. I know people that have been rejected with 4a*s (including further maths). If you’re not doing further maths, I’m not going to lie, I don’t think you would stand a chance but if one is further maths then you might as well give it a shot unless all your unis are relatively aspirational. LSE is very random so you never know but would definitely not recommend bothering applying without further maths. I might be wrong as this is from other people’s experience and not my own so I don’t want to lead you in the wrong direction. Hope it works out for you though and good luck!

thanks for replying. im doing maths, fm, econ. my other unis are ucl warwick bath (got rejected from cambridge)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending