The Student Room Group

IAL Physics October 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by RaveenFernando
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? Similar to Jan 2021?

I think it may be abit high ,not just for paper 6 but all of A2 physics , might be abit competitive. imo
Dis u solve the last question ??
Original post by daylight08
I know I messed up almost everything 😩that was such a bad paper. Also..i kept getting my speed more than the speed of light which was like huh????? And half the answers were like 10^ - smth...??????? Idk

Please let me know what the grade boundaries were. I'm doing the past paper right now and want to know what I would get. Thank you!
Original post by Nadinealsh
Please let me know what the grade boundaries were. I'm doing the past paper right now and want to know what I would get. Thank you!

The grade boundaries will be out in 6 days so you can check the website then:smile:
Original post by daylight08
The grade boundaries will be out in 6 days so you can check the website then:smile:

Alright thanks!!
Reply 105

Could you please send me the recent past papers for unit 1,2, and 3? They're locked on the website and I'm homeschooled so can't ask a teacher. And have my exam in 2 days.
Reply 106
Original post by noisy_girl_2
https://britishstudentroom-b430a.web.app/
Password = 1973 You can use this website to find all past papers. Which subjects do you need?

Thank you so much! Chem bio and phy
Original post by r.u
Thank you so much! Chem bio and phy

Practice more and more past papers.as much as possible . Even the old ones. I have some questions from old past papers being repeated in the new ones
Reply 108
Practice more and more past papers.as much as possible . Even the old ones. I have some questions from old past papers being repeated in the new ones

Yes please.

I'll try. I have Phy U1 on Monday so I think I'm just gonna do 2 more past papers today, I did like 13 papers till now i think. I'll leave more time for past papers when I have my unit 4,5,6 exams in May/June(did chem and bio AS in May 2021 already). It's sad i didn't know where to find the recent papers until today(thanks again!). I also noticed that questions seem to be repeated from recent years that are locked? So I'm gonna go over the hard questions in the recent years just in case.
Original post by r.u
Yes please.

I'll try. I have Phy U1 on Monday so I think I'm just gonna do 2 more past papers today, I did like 13 papers till now i think. I'll leave more time for past papers when I have my unit 4,5,6 exams in May/June(did chem and bio AS in May 2021 already). It's sad i didn't know where to find the recent papers until today(thanks again!). I also noticed that questions seem to be repeated from recent years that are locked? So I'm gonna go over the hard questions in the recent years just in case.

All the best!!! 🎉✨
Reply 110
All the best!!! 🎉✨

Thank youu. You too!!
Original post by r.u
Thank youu. You too!!

How confident are you with U1 physics?
Reply 112

Umm quite I guess. Like the past papers I solved weren't the best but hopefully the low grade boundaries will save me. The 2021 papers I could solve most of the questions, so that's good. Also, one tip, I noticed for "explain" questions where I don't know what to say, especially the 6 mark ones, the answer is normally just applying Newton's laws to the situation they gave. So if ur not sure about something, see if you can apply Newton's laws.
Reply 113

What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending