The Student Room Group

(Squid Game) Ali is so dumb.

Okay so I see a lot of people saying that Ali was too nice, yes he is a very nice lad but he was very stupid to think being nice would get him far.

The tug of war game is the biggest red flag to all contestants that these people don't care about you dying. your literally pulling on a rope that leads to 8+ people dying. If your willing to kill people to protect your chances at winning money then why would you ever think that these same people would have any problem killing you?

Ali was willing to take a chance with the guy who crossed him who he already knows is ruthless and willing to risk it all for money?

If Ali was stupid enough to think a murderer cared about his 1-week long friendship over his life then...he basically won the darwin award.
Original post by FailedScammer
Okay so I see a lot of people saying that Ali was too nice, yes he is a very nice lad but he was very stupid to think being nice would get him far.

The tug of war game is the biggest red flag to all contestants that these people don't care about you dying. your literally pulling on a rope that leads to 8+ people dying. If your willing to kill people to protect your chances at winning money then why would you ever think that these same people would have any problem killing you?

Ali was willing to take a chance with the guy who crossed him who he already knows is ruthless and willing to risk it all for money?

If Ali was stupid enough to think a murderer cared about his 1-week long friendship over his life then...he basically won the darwin award.

Ali is not stupid, he is naive and too good for this world, some people are like that in real life, they may be intelligent but they believe in the best of people. However, I understand Sang Woo had to do what he did, poor guy was in 6 billion won debt and his mother was in danger because of this
Original post by Throwaway272378
Ali is not stupid, he is naive and too good for this world, some people are like that in real life, they may be intelligent but they believe in the best of people. However, I understand Sang Woo had to do what he did, poor guy was in 6 billion won debt and his mother was in danger because of this

The guy who won was a very selfish guy aswell because he literally lied to the oldman to save his life when he clearly lost all his marbles , so both finalists are horrible people but that was the mentality required to win it . be selfish and smart. Ali was nice and dumb , say it how it is.
The guy who won was a very selfish guy aswell because he literally lied to the oldman to save his life when he clearly lost all his marbles , so both finalists are horrible people but that was the mentality required to win it . be selfish and smart. Ali was nice and dumb , say it how it is.

Episode 6 was so emotional, yeah almost all the contestants are not good people

lol yeah, I mean I love Ali and I thought his death was real sad but he was way too trusting...... BUT I disagree with people who say that he's way too naive and dumb for his own good. My opinion is that he's not really naive, and we know that his life before the game wasn't very good so he's definitely been exposed to some ****ed up things before, but he was so desperate for survival that he allowed himself to trust Sangwoo anyway. But idk I just had the feeling that Ali knew deep down that he was going to die in that round 🤷

Quick Reply

Latest