The Student Room Group

alevel retake disaster

Hey so last year i did my A2 levels and you could say i messed up BIG time i got like a D in Bio and an E in chem it was a mess. Anyways I decided to retake my A2 bio this jan and as you know i got my results and the grade DID NOT CHANGE it was still a D i don't know what to do i feel like im so out of options like I know i can do well in bio i am great at medicine if you told me to explain any kind of bodily process i can explain it without missing a beat. But ALEVELS are just no matter how hard i try i do the past papers i go through specs i find my area of weakness and target it. I KNOW I CAN DO WELL IN MEDICINE its just A2 that i keep messing up in like ...I dont know i feel so hopeless and disappointed in myself i studied so hard and i have nothing to show for it. If something like this happened to you what wld be ur next step?? should i retake the exam AGAIN or just i dont know give up.
Original post by away_453
Hey so last year i did my A2 levels and you could say i messed up BIG time i got like a D in Bio and an E in chem it was a mess. Anyways I decided to retake my A2 bio this jan and as you know i got my results and the grade DID NOT CHANGE it was still a D i don't know what to do i feel like im so out of options like I know i can do well in bio i am great at medicine if you told me to explain any kind of bodily process i can explain it without missing a beat. But ALEVELS are just no matter how hard i try i do the past papers i go through specs i find my area of weakness and target it. I KNOW I CAN DO WELL IN MEDICINE its just A2 that i keep messing up in like ...I dont know i feel so hopeless and disappointed in myself i studied so hard and i have nothing to show for it. If something like this happened to you what wld be ur next step?? should i retake the exam AGAIN or just i dont know give up.
Do you memorize content or understand
(edited 1 month ago)
Why didn’t you retake in the summer that way you would have had more time to revise and polish
Reply 3
Original post by Tulipbloom
Do you memorize content or understand

not only did i memorize i did every past paper i cld find i even did the past paper that caused the bad grade
Reply 4
Original post by BenzeneRing12
Why didn’t you retake in the summer that way you would have had more time to revise and polish

because bio has always been a subject i was good at i think this time i overestimated how hard it cld be i also wanted to do it b4 my chem retake because chem has always been the subject that i tend to do bad in but this time bio was also a problem
because bio has always been a subject i was good at i think this time i overestimated how hard it cld be i also wanted to do it b4 my chem retake because chem has always been the subject that i tend to do bad in but this time bio was also a problem
Is it possible for you to retake in the summer, with these kind of things you need to be extremely thorough in your revision and game plan
Reply 6
get a tutor, go back to college/sixth form or something
Reply 7
Original post by BenzeneRing12
Is it possible for you to retake in the summer, with these kind of things you need to be extremely thorough in your revision and game plan

yeah i will retake it maybe thank you for your help
Reply 8
Original post by MAKER11
get a tutor, go back to college/sixth form or something

yh i will thanks for ur help
Have u watched Ali Abdaal? Do you keep track of your mistakes? In any of the past papers did you get a higher grade?
Reply 10
Original post by DeviousFrog
Have u watched Ali Abdaal? Do you keep track of your mistakes? In any of the past papers did you get a higher grade?

most past papers i did i scored pretty well so i was confident i was gonna ace this and yes i do watch ali abdaal i follow his spaced repetition technique

Quick Reply

Latest