The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester offers 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ziggy_1999
Yeah, I'm on a gap year

I'm thinking I'll email my country uni representative tomorrow since I'm an international student

I reckon they’ll probably want our a level certificates or something since we’ve already got our grades, which we can only do on their portal
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Sinonaval
I reckon they’ll probably want our a level certificates or something since we’ve already got our grades, which we can only do on their portal

Exactly, so I'm thinking I'll ask the country rep about accessing the portal
Original post by ziggy_1999
Exactly, so I'm thinking I'll ask the country rep about accessing the portal

Let me know what they say
anybody heard anything for politics and modern history or history with american studies?
Original post by Anonymous
hate you heard anything yet

Not yet no!
my friend has for physics

Original post by DynamitePaul67
Computer science, what about you?

Hi
I applied for a foundation year in cs havent heard anything back yet🥺
my friend has for physics

Omg your friend is so lucky. I'm waiting impatiently to hear from them
just got rejected for politics and modern hist :frown:
just got rejected for politics and modern hist :frown:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Is it within 14 days of you applying? Sometimes the bonus of a quick rejection is that you can substitute that choice on UCAS?
I had an interview (open day) offer for Maths last night. According to Manchester alumni, that means I'm almost guaranteed an offer, so fingers crossed!
Original post by Medilass
I’m so sorry to hear that. Is it within 14 days of you applying? Sometimes the bonus of a quick rejection is that you can substitute that choice on UCAS?

nope.. applied on 20th october so unfortunately its about a few days after the deadline! thanks for the suggestion tho :smile:
Got an offer for PPE two weeks ago (AAA)

me too! where is manchester on your list?
UCAS told me I just got an offer for PPE today, but weirdly enough I never got any emails from them, they want me to upload some documents to MyManchester but they never sent me any way to sign up to their system like all the other unis did

i'm the same for ppe too, never received an acknowledgement or anything from the uni it was all done through UCAS. what documents have you been asked to upload? i haven't received anything mentioning MyManchester or about uploading any documents yet. my offer came through on the 22nd of october
Original post by emily5555555
i'm the same for ppe too, never received an acknowledgement or anything from the uni it was all done through UCAS. what documents have you been asked to upload? i haven't received anything mentioning MyManchester or about uploading any documents yet. my offer came through on the 22nd of october

They didn’t say, on track it said that the info about what to upload would be in MyManchester but obvs I can’t access it. They probably want my alevels results because I’m on a gap year rn
They didn’t say, on track it said that the info about what to upload would be in MyManchester but obvs I can’t access it. They probably want my alevels results because I’m on a gap year rn

oh i see, it seems like a lot of people are struggling to get in touch with manchester. where else have you applied?
oh i see, it seems like a lot of people are struggling to get in touch with manchester. where else have you applied?

I’ve applied to Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh and Leeds
me too! where is manchester on your list?

Probably third or fourth
1. Oxford
2. Warwick
3. Durham
4. Manchester
5. Nottingham
I’ve applied to Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh and Leeds

i've gone oxford and leeds too, i really wanted to apply to edinburgh but i didn't take maths at a-level which is annoying. have you heard back from leeds yet? apart from oxford it's the only uni i haven't heard from yet
Probably third or fourth
1. Oxford
2. Warwick
3. Durham
4. Manchester
5. Nottingham

i've seen quite a lot of people saying manchester is low down on their list for ppe. it's a great uni and i had it as my second choice originally but maybe thinking of reconsidering if the ppe course is better somewhere else. i've put down oxford too but obviously that's a very difficult one
good luck with those choices though, i hope your tsa went well :smile:
Original post by bleedmagic
anyone heard from biosciences yet? or know what kind of grades they've been offering since the course pages are so vague?

I got an offer for Biomed Bsc - 3As

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending