FCP2 Complex numbers

Watch this thread
Htx_x346
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
For questions like the following, how do you know whether to work it out using the binomial expansion method or using results like z+1/z = 2 cos theta? Thanks.Name:  C.PNG
Views: 13
Size:  25.6 KB
Last edited by Htx_x346; 5 months ago
Quarsient
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Htx_x346)
For questions like the following, how do you know whether to work it out using the binomial expansion method or using results like z+1/z = 2 cos theta? Thanks.Name:  C.PNG
Views: 13
Size:  25.6 KB
For ones in that form {sin(ntheta)=...} you use the regular binomial expansion method and when you have a trig function with a power you use the z+(1/z)
Htx_x346
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Quarsient)
For ones in that form {sin(ntheta)=...} you use the regular binomial expansion method and when you have a trig function with a power you use the z+(1/z)
thanks so much!!
Quarsient
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Htx_x346)
thanks so much!!
np
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
12%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (6)
6%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
17%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
23%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
21%

Watched Threads