The Student Room Group

A Level furthermaths

Hi, I really want to aim high and achieve an A* in furthermaths. But I am struggling with all of the A2 content and when I go over a topic then go over it again in a few months I am forgetting all the principles and all the methods how to do. Please can you guys help me with a rigid schedule or a plan on how I should be revising efficiently to get an A*. I have only got 2 months left and I am aiming to try and finish all the content before college (maybe towards this month).
But for topics like complex numbers I thought I understood it really well. But I haven’t done them in ages and I feel like I don’t have a right way of revising.
Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
hey i’m not doing so great in further maths too considering my teacher is terrible at teaching… but i did go over complex numbers by watching bicen maths videos, doing the exercises and following with a bunch of exams qs from old spec and new spec and it has helped me so much. it instantly became my strongest topic. but if you need any help i can try my best to help you with questions ^__^
also, i have also done a similar technique with a few other topics such as linear transformations and it has been extremely effective.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Student272873639
Hi, I really want to aim high and achieve an A* in furthermaths. But I am struggling with all of the A2 content and when I go over a topic then go over it again in a few months I am forgetting all the principles and all the methods how to do. Please can you guys help me with a rigid schedule or a plan on how I should be revising efficiently to get an A*. I have only got 2 months left and I am aiming to try and finish all the content before college (maybe towards this month).
But for topics like complex numbers I thought I understood it really well. But I haven’t done them in ages and I feel like I don’t have a right way of revising.
Thanks

Which exam board do you take? I'd say do each topic systematically.
If it is edexcel, work through all the textbook questions- and look at the solutions online. Keep a list of tricky topics that you keep forgetting- you will need to revise this regularly. For me- it's vectors. Aim to do something like one textbook questions from each of these topics everyday to keep reminding yourself and rejogging your memory. Ask your school for integral maths sheets- they're great. And remember, a lot of the time with maths what you put in is what you get out, so keep consistently reviewing content and also try the challenging questions- they really test your deep understanding of all the content!
Original post by mizerable
hey i’m not doing so great in further maths too considering my teacher is terrible at teaching… but i did go over complex numbers by watching bicen maths videos, doing the exercises and following with a bunch of exams qs from old spec and new spec and it has helped me so much. it instantly became my strongest topic. but if you need any help i can try my best to help you with questions ^__^
also, i have also done a similar technique with a few other topics such as linear transformations and it has been extremely effective.

Hi yes. I love bicen maths he the only thing me man that has saved my grade so far. After watching complex numbers it has really boosted my confidence when revising for furthermaths.
But it’s when I come to past papers the questions with modelling especially idek how they got to that point because the mark scheme doesn’t really have clear routes.
Reply 5
Original post by Student272873639
Hi yes. I love bicen maths he the only thing me man that has saved my grade so far. After watching complex numbers it has really boosted my confidence when revising for furthermaths.
But it’s when I come to past papers the questions with modelling especially idek how they got to that point because the mark scheme doesn’t really have clear routes.

if you can get support from your school then i say you ask your teachers for help but if not you can post your questions on tsr! with complex number questions most of the questions are textbook style questions - at least the ones i have encountered so far, so i find textbook questions extremely helpful in progression with new spec and old spec past papers questions. btw do these questions not have ma’s??

Quick Reply

Latest