The Student Room Group

What does this mean

What does it mean to be a natural pretty? I wear makeup but people say your a natural pretty. Kind of annoys me cos it’s like well I wear makeup? But they don’t think I do…
DOn't wear make up and see what happens :biggrin:
No offence, but the term seems self-explanatory. You yourself even said that others don’t think you wear makeup.
Original post by ElderlyMedic
DOn't wear make up and see what happens :biggrin:

Good idea actually
Original post by 0ptics
No offence, but the term seems self-explanatory. You yourself even said that others don’t think you wear makeup.

They don’t think I wear makeup no, but it annoys me because I do… so I don’t understand how k am a natural pretty
Original post by Winter111
They don’t think I wear makeup no, but it annoys me because I do… so I don’t understand how k am a natural pretty

They don’t think you wear makeup, hence they think you’re pretty without makeup i.e. natural beauty. To them, you look naturally pretty as you somehow show no makeup features. That’s literally it. Maybe try and follow post #2 for a day :tongue:
Original post by 0ptics
They don’t think you wear makeup, hence they think you’re pretty without makeup i.e. natural beauty. To them, you look naturally pretty as you somehow show no makeup features. That’s literally it. Maybe try and follow post #2 for a day :tongue:

Is it a bad thing? Like am I not doing my makeup well enough it’s upsetting me
What does it mean to be a natural pretty? I wear makeup but people say your a natural pretty. Kind of annoys me cos it’s like well I wear makeup? But they don’t think I do…

I always associated natural pretty with people who don't need to apply much makeup to look gorgeous. I consider it as a compliment when people tell me that.
Original post by Kallisto
I always associated natural pretty with people who don't need to apply much makeup to look gorgeous. I consider it as a compliment when people tell me that.

Am I a plane Jane tho if they can’t tell I’ve got makeup on
Am I a plane Jane tho if they can’t tell I’ve got makeup on

Please don't over-think this and turn a compliment into a series of worries! :smile:
If you're wearing makeup and people can't tell, then perhaps if you'd like you could make your makeup more overt, but tbh if people think you're pretty enough without it then keep doing what you're doing. At the end of the day, as long as you're happy with your looks, that's all that matters. And if you care what other people think, well I'd personally say that most boys prefer girls who haven't slathered a whole tub of concealer over their faces. A bit of makeup is nice to mask blemishes and such, but I at least think less is more on that front.
You're so perfect you don't need makeup basically.
Original post by ah6100tsr
You're so perfect you don't need makeup basically.

Original post by BlueBazooka
Please don't over-think this and turn a compliment into a series of worries! :smile:
If you're wearing makeup and people can't tell, then perhaps if you'd like you could make your makeup more overt, but tbh if people think you're pretty enough without it then keep doing what you're doing. At the end of the day, as long as you're happy with your looks, that's all that matters. And if you care what other people think, well I'd personally say that most boys prefer girls who haven't slathered a whole tub of concealer over their faces. A bit of makeup is nice to mask blemishes and such, but I at least think less is more on that front.

Well I don’t think I’m pretty without makeup. But when people say oh you don’t wear makeup your skin looks good without it? I’m abit like well I do wear it I don’t know what else I could do for me to look like I’ve got more on 😵*💫
Well I don’t think I’m pretty without makeup. But when people say oh you don’t wear makeup your skin looks good without it? I’m abit like well I do wear it I don’t know what else I could do for me to look like I’ve got more on 😵*💫

Well if people are saying you look good, AND they think your skin is natural, then that's a double positive in my eyes. Just continue what you're doing. At the end of the day, what does it matter if people know whether or not you're wearing makeup, as long as you look good and feel confident about your appearance?
Well if people are saying you look good, AND they think your skin is natural, then that's a double positive in my eyes. Just continue what you're doing. At the end of the day, what does it matter if people know whether or not you're wearing makeup, as long as you look good and feel confident about your appearance?

That’s true, just when people do say it I feel like my confidence goes as when there saying oh you don’t wear alot of makeup I worry oh do you not think I’m pretty etc I think I’m taking it all in the wrong way
That’s true, just when people do say it I feel like my confidence goes as when there saying oh you don’t wear alot of makeup I worry oh do you not think I’m pretty etc I think I’m taking it all in the wrong way

Yeah, I know a few people (myself included) who are exactly like you in that respect. Sometimes you just need to take things at face value and not over think them, because nobody's really trying to play elaborate mind games with you, other than yourself ofc! And hey, as long as you're happy with yourself, thats all you should care about, and not what other people say, since that's meaningless as it changes from person to person and day to day.
If you need a little confidence boost, I'm sure you're very pretty both with and without makeup, as most people are I'd say. Idk how much that means coming from a random dude on the internet but there you go lol.
Yeah, I know a few people (myself included) who are exactly like you in that respect. Sometimes you just need to take things at face value and not over think them, because nobody's really trying to play elaborate mind games with you, other than yourself ofc! And hey, as long as you're happy with yourself, thats all you should care about, and not what other people say, since that's meaningless as it changes from person to person and day to day.
If you need a little confidence boost, I'm sure you're very pretty both with and without makeup, as most people are I'd say. Idk how much that means coming from a random dude on the internet but there you go lol.

Thank you. You have made me feel a whole lot better
Thank you. You have made me feel a whole lot better

No problem! Feel free to pm me if anything else ever troubles you. :smile:

Honestly? Do what you want. Be in control of your decisions, this is your life at the end of the day. Our opinions shouldn't mean jack **** to you. Hope you get my point. Some of us just need to toughen up mentally, it's beneficial in the long run.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest