The Student Room Group

Investment bank analyst- UK

Which business school provide more IB analyst internships and chances of getting graduate-level analyst jobs in IB.
Queen Mary Business school, Bayes business school, LSE, University of Edinburg
Original post by Crusty18
Which business school provide more IB analyst internships and chances of getting graduate-level analyst jobs in IB.
Queen Mary Business school, Bayes business school, LSE, University of Edinburg

LSE.
Reply 2
Original post by Aspstudent
LSE.

Can you provide a second option because I am still waiting for a decision from LSE. I received an offer from Queen Mary and City, University London for Finance BSc.
Can you provide a second option because I am still waiting for a decision from LSE. I received an offer from Queen Mary and City, University London for Finance BSc.

Don't know about the rest but LSE is a target. I'm surprised that you didn't apply to Warwick, UCL, Durham and Bristol.
Reply 4
Original post by Aspstudent
Don't know about the rest but LSE is a target. I'm surprised that you didn't apply to Warwick, UCL, Durham and Bristol.

UCL was out of my budget and my main target was London because it's the Finance centre of the world and most of the Investment bank seeks students from London University.
LSE is my target but I cant guarantee an offer from there.
UCL was out of my budget and my main target was London because it's the Finance centre of the world and most of the Investment bank seeks students from London University.
LSE is my target but I cant guarantee an offer from there.

They also like Warwick, Oxford and Cambridge.
Reply 6
What about Nottingham, Bristol, Bath?
Original post by Manvith
What about Nottingham, Bristol, Bath?

I've seen quite a few people get internships at those unis.
most of the Investment bank seeks students from London University.

This is not true. Quite a few other UK universities are target universities for investment banks while many London unis are not, or are only semi-target. Warwick would've been a stronger option than QMUL, for example, as Warwick is target and QMUL is not.

In any case not much you can do now. City is probably your next best bet after LSE but I think it is a definite second string to LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial, and maybe UCL.
Reply 9
Original post by artful_lounger
This is not true. Quite a few other UK universities are target universities for investment banks while many London unis are not, or are only semi-target. Warwick would've been a stronger option than QMUL, for example, as Warwick is target and QMUL is not.

In any case not much you can do now. City is probably your next best bet after LSE but I think it is a definite second string to LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial, and maybe UCL.

What are the universities after LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial, and maybe UCL, as I have applied to Nottingham, bath, Bristol, QMUL and Warwick. All universities for BSC economics. And I am international student, I doubt Warwick would give me an offer please give an opinion on the above 4 universities?
Original post by Manvith
What are the universities after LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial, and maybe UCL, as I have applied to Nottingham, bath, Bristol, QMUL and Warwick. All universities for BSC economics. And I am international student, I doubt Warwick would give me an offer please give an opinion on the above 4 universities?

University isn't as big a contributor for spring weeks from what I've seen this year. I know people who have gone to places like loughborough, nottingham and glasgow land some great offers, its more about you as a person.
Original post by Manvith

Look in the other threads in the investment banking forum (i.e. this one) here; there are lots of discussions about which are target vs semi-target. I think Bristol and Nottingham are probably the best options in that regard, but I'm not sure if either is fully a target university.

Note this only applies for investment banking and management consulting. If you wanted to go into e.g. accounting at a big 4 company or something, any will do.
Reply 12
Original post by artful_lounger
Look in the other threads in the investment banking forum (i.e. this one) here; there are lots of discussions about which are target vs semi-target. I think Bristol and Nottingham are probably the best options in that regard, but I'm not sure if either is fully a target university.

Note this only applies for investment banking and management consulting. If you wanted to go into e.g. accounting at a big 4 company or something, any will do.

What about careers in risk analyst and wealth management and trading careers? Do I need extracurricular activities or online certifications which certifications are the best to learn?
Original post by Manvith
What about careers in risk analyst and wealth management and trading careers? Do I need extracurricular activities or online certifications which certifications are the best to learn?

No idea about trading.

Wealth management probably similar to investment banking stuff generally I assume.

Risk you might need a numerate degree, for risk roles at investment banks you probably would need to go to a target uni, for actuarial roles it's probably less important to be at a target uni. I'm assuming you mean financial risk, since you can get risk analysts in non-finance, general businesses which will look at other kinds of risk (e.g. business continuity planning etc).

Again though, read through the other posts on this forum....these questions get asked about 50 times a year so there are about 50 replies every year, probably from better sources than me, for more specific questions.
Reply 14
Original post by Manvith

for risk analyst, you can consider FRM certification.
LSE & bayes

you don’t need to be in london though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending