The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee 2022 Offers for Art School

Scroll to see replies

Got an unconditional for the foundation course a few days ago :smile: All my classmates have received a reply from Dundee in the past couple of days so it won't take too long for those waiting for a response (I hope).

Also, I'm going to the offer holder day on the 7th of April to see more of the place and hopefully get some insight and make some friends.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by Anonymous
same haha, Im really torn because obviously GSA is really prestigious but it doesnt sound like the students are very happy there, especially with the lack of union and their handling of the pandemic. DJCAD seems really cool aswell but theyre two completely different cities and unis so its hard to compare the two. The biggest thing for me with GSA is their aim to move product design away from the industrial side of things and to focus on services and experiences, which im not too interested in. Dundee's PD degree seems very normal and straightforward, also the building of DJCAD itself is pretty stunning.

you voiced exactly my thoughts haha. I've already spent a year at GSA on a prep course and wasn't that happy there but I'm hoping it might be better on a degree. A student came on a talk and she said its nice they're just left to do their own thing. I personally thought the djcad building was a little ugly on the outside lol when I went on a campus tour and GSA was nicer but I haven't seen the inside of djcad yet. There's building work at GSA always going on.
Another student complained that there was no access to the studio at all in her first yr of the degree at GSA but its much better now. There's a lot more societies than are advertised but you have to look at the poster areas to see. The bars are alright but nothing specifically for the uni, there's the one nearby at the CCA thats all GSA students and thats completely and very vegan which is...eh (and im pescatarian so even a bit much for me lol no cheese on my pizza :frown:)
GSA is involved in lot of sustainability and community work. Glasgow itself has a lot of exhibitions, the CCA next door. I'm leaning towards djcad because the course at GSA is a bit too broad. And i hate cities and imo the weird atmosphere GSA has.
Original post by Anonymous
yep, got exactly that lol
a bit sad because i did a part time college portfolio course this year as well as school

I did similar course, part time portfolio prep at glasgow school of art and got unconditional offers from them and dundee general foundation 1st yr. The way they show how to do efolios is really different and insane but works i guess. My grades don't meet gsa requirements but dundee yeah
Original post by tofutofii
you voiced exactly my thoughts haha. I've already spent a year at GSA on a prep course and wasn't that happy there but I'm hoping it might be better on a degree. A student came on a talk and she said its nice they're just left to do their own thing. I personally thought the djcad building was a little ugly on the outside lol when I went on a campus tour and GSA was nicer but I haven't seen the inside of djcad yet. There's building work at GSA always going on.
Another student complained that there was no access to the studio at all in her first yr of the degree at GSA but its much better now. There's a lot more societies than are advertised but you have to look at the poster areas to see. The bars are alright but nothing specifically for the uni, there's the one nearby at the CCA thats all GSA students and thats completely and very vegan which is...eh (and im pescatarian so even a bit much for me lol no cheese on my pizza :frown:)
GSA is involved in lot of sustainability and community work. Glasgow itself has a lot of exhibitions, the CCA next door. I'm leaning towards djcad because the course at GSA is a bit too broad. And i hate cities and imo the weird atmosphere GSA has.

yeah I agree with you the djcad building does look a little odd but hopefully its nicer on the inside. Also its good that there's a bit more societies and stuff at GSA than I originally though. I think djcad has its own cafe, a more focus on designing physical products and more studio space tho.
Original post by novaiebo579
I got an unconditional for animation 2 days ago so more offers should (hopefully) be coming out soon :]

Thats awesome congrats!! I got a conditional for animation last week so hopefully if i pass my ADV higher's Ill be able to go. Im still a little nervous about what djcad will be like so i'm gonna check out the offer holder day and see if i can learn a bit more about the course, studio's and people.
Original post by tofutofii

i know what you mean about the broadness of the degree, it doesnt really seem like a product design degree and i think dundee's would be a lot more close to what you'd expect from one. But to be honest ive been to dundee a few times to visit mates and although the buildings and the unions nice, the nightlife is dead, I think that glasgow just has that edge over dundee in terms of social aspects with clubs and venues and just creatives in general. I'd really like to see inside of GSA because ive never been to it or inside it, before I make my decision.
also thanks for the information about the cca, id never heard of it and it sounds good.
Reply 26
Just imagine though seeing people you been talking to here there. Sounds pretty fun and exciting. I havent seen the place in years ^-^
Original post by novaiebo579
Thank you! I hope you're able to get pass your ADV higher to get in! I'm also nervous about the whole place because if I don't tour it I'll get stressed ^^' I'll be at the offer holder day too so I might even see you there! :]

That would be so cool! I’ll make sure to look out for a Mudkip walking around, hehe
Reply 28
I just got my offer for DJCAD ^-^ Cant wait to see the place. ^-^
Original post by Moonkid8299
Got an unconditional for the foundation course a few days ago :smile: All my classmates have received a reply from Dundee in the past couple of days so it won't take too long for those waiting for a response (I hope).

Also, I'm going to the offer holder day on the 7th of April to see more of the place and hopefully get some insight and make some friends.

Hi, have you got any info on the offer holder day for the 7th? I can't see an email
i got a rejection from the foundation course and assumed that meant i didn’t get fine art but i did! i got a conditional :smile: good job for everyone who got their offers too!!
Reply 31
Original post by ecnatsnoc
Hi, have you got any info on the offer holder day for the 7th? I can't see an email

I haven't had it either. Which is annoying. I assume some people get invited to this one and I assume there's multiple 'offer days' maybe. Hopefully that's the case.
Reply 32
I've also noticed but looks like obviously the prices for accommodation went up by £200-£400 pounds this year. At least the loan got increased by saas so that's good.
Also has there been a in campus offer holder day for GSA product design? I am still deciding between GSA and DJCAD but I do like Glasgow's course and the city.
Yes, it took place online and I think its already past based on my colleagues talk about it. However you should be able to go to the virtual events and even sending a email with questions can get ya your answers you want to know about.
Original post by Moonkid8299

Hey,

Congrats!! I also received an unconditional offer a few weeks ago for the foundation course. I’m really excited but nervous about making friends…

Do you know anyone else that is going? 😊
Hello! I'm a current student and if you have any questions I can answer them! Im going into animation for 2nd year so if ur going direct entry I can't really answer a lot of questions on that cos were getting a meeting in September about it if u didn't know c:
Original post by charsfaith
Hey,

Congrats!! I also received an unconditional offer a few weeks ago for the foundation course. I’m really excited but nervous about making friends…

Do you know anyone else that is going? 😊

Hey I’m going! I’ve got onto the general art and design course 😊I’m also nervous about making friends 🙃 don’t worry everyone is in the same boat x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending