The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 (Higher Tier) 8462/2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stress17
yh i put about condensing and stuff too for the ammonia one. for the reaction stopping one i just said it was carried out to completion cos i think its the same thing? idk tho i was kind of confused for some questions

yeah - i think overall it was way better than paper 1 - it was quite good to be honest - a few dodgy one/two markers - honestly some of the questions were soo similar to past paper questions :smile:
Original post by stress17
yh i put about condensing and stuff too for the ammonia one. for the reaction stopping one i just said it was carried out to completion cos i think its the same thing? idk tho i was kind of confused for some questions

Yh I put the reaction is completed as all the hydrochloric acid is used up
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by gcse2022__
yeah - i think overall it was way better than paper 1 - it was quite good to be honest - a few dodgy one/two markers - honestly some of the questions were soo similar to past paper questions :smile:

yh completely agree! chemistry's usually one of the subjects i struggle more with but i think the papers this year have been way nicer than usual- as far as i know ive done pretty well having just crammed the night before for about 8 hours and that hasn't worked for mocks before as well. i remember i was confused abt the volume of gases question on paper 1 but it was okay other than that i think. hoping for a 9 but i would be happy with an 8
Original post by do de die egg
Yh I put the reaction is completed as all the hydrochloric acid is used up

that's rly similar to what i put too i think
for why its better to use scrap copper can you say uses less energy
would for why its better to use scrap copper i put
1)uses less energy
2)conserves finite resources like copper ores
would that get the marks??
Original post by sewey1
for why its better to use scrap copper can you say uses less energy

yes i think so - unsure if you need to specify that recycling uses less energy than mining etc or can just say less energy tho
Original post by sewey1
would for why its better to use scrap copper i put
1)uses less energy
2)conserves finite resources like copper ores
would that get the marks??

i think you should get the marks
also for the natural gas deposit question i put - as the plankton, marine animals and plants died - they became compressed due to high pressure and were buried in mud - the fossil fuels are burned to form crude oil - then fractions

I said the same but I did not say it was buried in mud
for natural gas question i put it is formed from the remains of organisms mainly plankton that were buried on the sea bed.after millions of years of high pressure and deposition natural gas was formed
what reason did you put for the solution turning cloudy? it was about sulfur but i dont remember the question well
Original post by jennaa21
what reason did you put for the solution turning cloudy? it was about sulfur but i dont remember the question well

Barium chloride react with the sulphate compound which formed the insoluble barium sulphate (white precipitate)

is that the question to do with the required practical on hci and sodium thiosulfate
Original post by sewey1
is that the question to do with the required practical on hci and sodium thiosulfate

no it was a question that was just by itself on the page and

Original post by sewey1
is that the question to do with the required practical on hci and sodium

That one I put it’s because sulphur produced is solid
Original post by Theacty119
That one I put it’s because sulphur produced is solid

i thought it was the reaction produces a yellow precipitate of sulphur

It's because sulfur is formed which is a precipitate
im sure its to do with sulfur being a precipitate making the solution go cloudy as its been on past paper questions

Yep it's that sulfur is formed which is a precipitate
for the sodium hydroxide and barium chloride questions i put blue precipitate and white precipitate formed - is that ok - i didnt put colour change
for the sodium hydroxide and barium chloride questions i put blue precipitate and white precipitate formed - is that ok - i didnt put colour change

Yeah that would be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending