The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You mean the recommendation part? I just stuck the details of my referee and they sent him an email which included a form and he completed it. I don't get to see the form but considering it took my guy a very short time to do, I'm guessing it's not a 5000 character analysis.
oh right, yeah i meant the recommendation part. do SEO peopel ask for the reference? we are allowed to ask to see it before they finalise it right???

you guys heard back from them? i am not too familar with how SEO operate..x
Read the instructions

it quite clearly says that your application will not be considered without a reference

get your lecturer to provide you with a reference and you can ask them to show it back to you but they obviously dont have to

they said they are going to start inviting people to do the numercy testing late november through december. and then assessment centres start january
Reply 4
Hey guys! I'm applying to SEO as well (I already graduated this year but am planning to do my master in 2009). Are you guys applying to the sponsor banks directly as well? I really can't decide whether I should or not...cos you know, if the sponsor banks reject you, then I won't get placed!
Reply 5
Who is and who isn't eligible for SEO fast tracking?
Reply 6
Fusion
Who is and who isn't eligible for SEO fast tracking?

1st years of a 3 year course
2nd years of a 4 year course
xcanzx
Hey guys! I'm applying to SEO as well (I already graduated this year but am planning to do my master in 2009). Are you guys applying to the sponsor banks directly as well? I really can't decide whether I should or not...cos you know, if the sponsor banks reject you, then I won't get placed!

its really up to you

i personally am not risking it by applying for the banks that i actually want to work for, then getting rejected

e.g. i dont really fancy jp morgan, so i'm gonna apply and if i get rejected i wont really be bothered
Reply 8
lets go turtles!
its really up to you

i personally am not risking it by applying for the banks that i actually want to work for, then getting rejected

e.g. i dont really fancy jp morgan, so i'm gonna apply and if i get rejected i wont really be bothered

What's wrong with JPMorgan?
MaxMaxMax
What's wrong with JPMorgan?
Foresight :wink:
Reply 10
uthinkilltellu

Haha
Exactly how brown/yellow do you have to be to qualify for SEO?

I'm in the melting pot - halfcast - halfbaked if you will.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, am I ethnic enough?
BetterThanHeaven

Hit a tanning salon once or twice before the interview and you'll be fine.
uthinkilltellu
Hit a tanning salon once or twice before the interview and you'll be fine.

So if I raise my ethnic factor from a 4 to say a 6.5/7 it may be worth my time, not strictly dignity mind, to apply to SEO...

Cool...
Reply 14
i knew of people on my summer internship at a BB that had got rejected in 1st round interviews with a sponsor bank and then got into the same bank through SEO
Reply 15
Maybe the key is to NOT list that you're applying to those banks on the SEO application?!?! Cos if you think about it, the banks have so many applicants, would they really check??
BetterThanHeaven

phone and ask
Reply 17
BetterThanHeaven

Of course you're qualified!!!! I knew someone who was 1/4 Japanese and 3/4 white who applied and got to the AC stage. They did ask him what sort of minority he was as he looked completely white. And considering that he had a picture in his application and that he got to the AC means that SEO probably isn't that strict on that ethnicity component.

I'm half white, half Chinese and I'm applying! I look quite hispanic though...hmm maybe that will help my application since I doubt they have that many hispanic (looking) people applying!
xcanzx
Of course you're qualified!!!! I knew someone who was 1/4 Japanese and 3/4 white who applied and got to the AC stage. They did ask him what sort of minority he was as he looked completely white. And considering that he had a picture in his application and that he got to the AC means that SEO probably isn't that strict on that ethnicity component.

I'm half white, half Chinese and I'm applying! I look quite hispanic though...hmm maybe that will help my application since I doubt they have that many hispanic (looking) people applying!

Heh - I was being quite satirical - but hey, if it works, it works.
Does anyone know when SEO generally gets back to you because it's been quite some time now and my application is still under review. :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending