The Student Room Group

igcse edexcel eng lit poem prediction 2023

does anybody have any predictions for poem(anthology) igcse edexcel english lit 2023?
Reply 1
poem 39 is the only one that hasnt been asked
Reply 2
Hiiiighly doubt it would be poem at 39. If u look at it the pattern is irregardless of regional or UK. Poem at 39 appeared 3 times in the regional, including Jan of this year itself…so I can almost guaranteee that won’t come up for either. Even though I’m not doing regional like I said the pattern seems to apply for both.
Reply 3
Original post by SJY07
Hiiiighly doubt it would be poem at 39. If u look at it the pattern is irregardless of regional or UK. Poem at 39 appeared 3 times in the regional, including Jan of this year itself…so I can almost guaranteee that won’t come up for either. Even though I’m not doing regional like I said the pattern seems to apply for both.

Which poems are possible to come up im only starting revision now pls help
Reply 4
Original post by SJY07

Poem at 39 was asked as one of the questions to compare with any other poem of your choice.
Reply 5
Original post by kevmeisterr
Poem at 39 was asked as one of the questions to compare with any other poem of your choice.

Damn, I did regional I was very lucky I predicted basically majority of the Qs the poems roughly and Mice and men exactly
Reply 6
Original post by SJY07
Damn, I did regional I was very lucky I predicted basically majority of the Qs the poems roughly and Mice and men exactly

Can you tell me what the regional poems were? I predicted If, Remember and Prayer before Birth but I did the normal (non-regional) paper so was completely wrong!
Reply 7
Original post by Mel2809
Can you tell me what the regional poems were? I predicted If, Remember and Prayer before Birth but I did the normal (non-regional) paper so was completely wrong!

Well then you were very close; I also predicted like 5-6 including the 3 u said. Our poems in the end were Piano and another poem, and then compare Prayer before birth and If. Funny thing is even though I thought they would come I didn’t revise them at all these were my least revised but in the end I compared PBF and If and wrote a good long comparing eesponse. The main W tho was I predicted for OMAM for Slim to come in our regional and he came so that was a saver
Reply 8
Original post by SJY07
Well then you were very close; I also predicted like 5-6 including the 3 u said. Our poems in the end were Piano and another poem, and then compare Prayer before birth and If. Funny thing is even though I thought they would come I didn’t revise them at all these were my least revised but in the end I compared PBF and If and wrote a good long comparing eesponse. The main W tho was I predicted for OMAM for Slim to come in our regional and he came so that was a saver

Ours was Half Caste and Search for my tongue and then Poem at 39 with another. Luckily I was happy for my book question too, I don't do OMAM but in the normal paper Candy and responsibility came up!

Quick Reply

Latest