The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse English 2024

Hi what poem anthology and OMAM came in a June 2023 edexcel igcse English literature paper? Also what are the predictions for June 2024? TIA
Reply 1
What are the predictors in 2024 antholgy may
Reply 2
I think danger of single story or explores or boys messing about
Reply 3
Reading another thread, the OMAM theme was responsibility in May 23. Does anyone know what the character question was?
Original post by Gops 2007
Hi what poem anthology and OMAM came in a June 2023 edexcel igcse English literature paper? Also what are the predictions for June 2024? TIA

i think for characters its gonna be Carlson they haven't done him in ages but idk maybe George or Lennie they haven't done them in like 4 years
Original post by BG4
Reading another thread, the OMAM theme was responsibility in May 23. Does anyone know what the character question was?

It was Candy and his relationship with his dog
Reply 6
Original post by yummy.cupcakes
i think for characters its gonna be Carlson they haven't done him in ages but idk maybe George or Lennie they haven't done them in like 4 years

they have never done Carlson. did you mean Curley or are you suggesting they might do Carlson for the first time this year?
Original post by sk_5557
they have never done Carlson. did you mean Curley or are you suggesting they might do Carlson for the first time this year?

Yeah I mean Carlson they’ve never done him, but tbh what could u even say abt him
Reply 8
Yeah Carlson would be a nightmare Was there an Eng Lit retake exam in Nov 23? What were the questions for OMAM?
Original post by BG4
Yeah Carlson would be a nightmare Was there an Eng Lit retake exam in Nov 23? What were the questions for OMAM?

It was Lennie and settings
Yeah I mean Carlson they’ve never done him, but tbh what could u even say abt him

I kinda doubt they would do Carlson tbh… he’s only relevant where Candys dog dies
Original post by sk_5557
I kinda doubt they would do Carlson tbh… he’s only relevant where Candys dog dies

true but like his like the epitome of a migrant worker with no sense of compassion, like yk at the end "whats supposes eating them two guys"or wtv that quote is also like he was excited to kill Lennie
but yeah not much tbf
true but like his like the epitome of a migrant worker with no sense of compassion, like yk at the end "whats supposes eating them two guys"or wtv that quote is also like he was excited to kill Lennie
but yeah not much tbf

true though I doubt him epitomising the brutality of 1930s USA and the part where Candys dog dies is 40mk worthy lol. I feel like the grade boundary would be quite low if they did ask abt him though
Reply 13
Anyone know what the poems were in nov 23 and June 23 for igcse English literature? trying to work out what poems are gonna come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending