The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Official Loughborough University - International Students Thread 2023

Hi there!

Welcome to Loughborough University’s Official International Students Thread 2023.

We’ve set up this thread for international students who have applied or are thinking about applying to Loughborough University to ask us any questions.

We want to help you with any queries you have around:

- Courses
- University experience
- Information for offer holders
- Fees and scholarships
- Information on Loughborough University or Loughborough University London

Our team look forward to helping you with your queries!

- Loughborough Team
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, As an international student ..maybe I won't be able to travel back home during Christmas and easter holidays. Will there be any activities or programs for international students? will the catered halls still be open? Are any trips arranged for visiting other places in the UK?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, As an international student ..maybe I won't be able to travel back home during Christmas and easter holidays. Will there be any activities or programs for international students? will the catered halls still be open? Are any trips arranged for visiting other places in the UK?

Hi there,

Thank you for your message :smile:

For more information on the activities we have for international students, please email [email protected].

You can also view these pages to read more about the international student experience at Loughborough University and the support available for international students.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, let me know :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 9 months ago)
I am currently enrolled for MSc in Construction Management for the October 2023 intake and currently need few clarifications regarding the below mentioned points,
1. Do we have to register for our classes in the first semester and if not then when will be able to access the classes time table ?
2. When do we have to finalise the optional courses in the second semester ?
3. Through the course, how will be the breakdown of grades, in terms of assignments, exams etc
4. For the research dissertation, will we be able to acquire help regarding the format and topics ?
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently enrolled for MSc in Construction Management for the October 2023 intake and currently need few clarifications regarding the below mentioned points,
1. Do we have to register for our classes in the first semester and if not then when will be able to access the classes time table ?
2. When do we have to finalise the optional courses in the second semester ?
3. Through the course, how will be the breakdown of grades, in terms of assignments, exams etc
4. For the research dissertation, will we be able to acquire help regarding the format and topics ?

Hi there,

I would recommend emailing [email protected] with your questions as they will be able to give you more guidance. Hope this helps!

- Lindsay
hi- how does Loughborough look at students who are doing the IB Career Related Program(IBCP)- Maths/Economics/Business as subjects and a career related study in busness administration for admission into BBA/Sports management?
Original post by Anonymous #3
hi- how does Loughborough look at students who are doing the IB Career Related Program(IBCP)- Maths/Economics/Business as subjects and a career related study in busness administration for admission into BBA/Sports management?

Hi there,

I would recommend looking at the Sports Management study page here. There is information on entry requirements with a variety of different qualifications.

You can also contact our admissions team for further information: [email protected]

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about Loughborough please do ask🙂

Alex
thanks a ton- this page is silent on IBCP!! would you have any color on the international foundation program and the process for acceptance- grades/inteviews etc? Also, do the foundation year students have access to university sports facilities and housing?
Original post by Anonymous #3
thanks a ton- this page is silent on IBCP!! would you have any color on the international foundation program and the process for acceptance- grades/inteviews etc? Also, do the foundation year students have access to university sports facilities and housing?

Hi there,

No problem!

I would take a look at this page here. It is full of information about doing a foundation year at Loughborough.

From my experience a lot of my friends when I was in my first year were foundation students (it didn't seem to make much of a difference as they lived in halls and still played sport with me!)

I hope that helps 🙂

Alex
Reply 9
thanks, this is helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending