The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Criminology at loughborough

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what it's like studying criminology at Loughborough as I don't think I'll be able to attend an offer holder day. I've also been thinking about switching to psychology instead but this is a new thought.

I've been to the Keele offer holder day and I'm thinking about putting it as my firm but, I know Loughborough ranks high on the leauge tables compared to Keele for the courses so I want to find out more studying criminology (and psychology) at the uni.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering what it's like studying criminology at Loughborough as I don't think I'll be able to attend an offer holder day. I've also been thinking about switching to psychology instead but this is a new thought.
I've been to the Keele offer holder day and I'm thinking about putting it as my firm but, I know Loughborough ranks high on the leauge tables compared to Keele for the courses so I want to find out more studying criminology (and psychology) at the uni.
Hi there,

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough :smile:

I study Psychology at Loughborough so can give you some insight into my course. The rankings for Psychology at Loughborough are high. I personally really enjoy the course here as you have the opportunity to learn many aspects of Psychology through many different modules. The modules have been interesting and in first year gave me a base knowledge that I needed to progress. If you haven't already I would recommend taking a look at 'What you'll Study' on the course page to see the range of modules you will study. You can also choose some optional modules, so you can tailor the course to be what you want. I found it useful to compare these modules with other Universities to see which suited me best- this may be an important factor in deciding. If you are considering doing a placement/year abroad Loughborough is great as they offer so much support in searching and securing a placement/year abroad. I found this particularly helpful.

As for Criminology I don't know much about it apart from having a friend who does it and really enjoys it. I would recommend looking at the Criminology course page and comparing this to Psychology to see what you think would best suit you.

I have been at Loughborough for 2 years now so can give you a bit of insight about Loughborough in general. Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as and you tend to see a lot of people you know. It's hard to describe but there are just nice vibes on campus and everyone is so nice. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for academics and social aspects. During the week most social events happen on campus through the Student Union. For example, there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending