The Student Room Group

Bank of america spring week versus placement year

So basically I was offered the bank of america spring week position, its supposed to be extremely competitive and they only give out a few offers. also considering i go to a rubbish uni this is a big deal. however, if i take this i am no longer able to do a placement year, since i would have to sign a contract saying i will graduate in 2025. spring weeks basically fast track u for their internships (so u skip everything and go straight to interviews) but i also think a placement year would be really important considering the unemployment rate of comp sci.

If I reject this offer, I CAN apply again next year and do a placement year but who says I will get it? Let me know what u think is a better option :frown: I really don’t want to miss this opportunity, since its a prestigious bank, and be naive enough to think they’ll give me the offer again next year.

If u think the chances of me being offered it again next year are slim, maybe uve applied and u’ve witnessed whether the spring week market is rly that competitive i’d appreciate ur input…
Reply 1
Take the spring week. Even if you get the return offer for next summer, you are under no obligation to do it. Having a spring week at BofA is huge
Reply 2
Yea this is massive, take it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending