The Student Room Group

King's college London placement year

I have an offer from Kings econ and management with a placement year. How good is this placement year in terms of is it likely you find a work placement and how beneficial can they be for someone trying to break into finance? Also, would this opportunity make this course worth taking over unis like UCL and LSE? Thank you.
Original post by omarkanaa
I have an offer from Kings econ and management with a placement year. How good is this placement year in terms of is it likely you find a work placement and how beneficial can they be for someone trying to break into finance? Also, would this opportunity make this course worth taking over unis like UCL and LSE? Thank you.
Placement years can be really helpful for breaking into certain fields. But ultimately, a placement year is only as good as the placement you get, so it's pretty difficult to say. And I'm not sure how you expect us to know how likely you are to get a placement that you want?

Most front office finance role recruitment comes from the Spring week, summer internship, grad offer pipeline, rather than from placement years. So personally I would take LSE/UCL over kings with an unknown placement which may or may not be helpful.
Reply 2
Can anyone share their experience in applying KCL economics and management? What preparation would be recommended (e.g. competition/internship??)
Is this applicable if I want to apply economics /economics and social policy / land economy in my other UCAS applications?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending