The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Mylnes Court Edinburgh - is it just postgrad?

Hello! I have an unconditional offer to study PhilThe at UOE for next year, undergrad level. I'm currently looking at accommodation and I'm between Hermit's Croft and Mylnes Court to put as my first (due to health issues I am likely to get my first choice). I am seeing conflicting information on Mylnes Court. It's super close to the New School which is brilliant, but a lot of posts online are saying it's for postgrad only? Yet, on the UOE website, Mylnes comes up for UG accom options. Very confusing.

Any other views/experiences RE Mylnes or Hermits Croft are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply 1
I'm a first year undergrad living at Mylne's court right now, actually, so yep its very much open to undergrads. Apparently this is the first year they've opened it to undergrads, and there are plenty of us here as well as a few postgrads too, but it doesn't feel postgrad-y and they kind of keep to themselves, though of course I don't know what the undergrad/postgrad quota will be for next year. The rooms and kitchens themselves are wayy nicer and cleaner than other undergrad accommodation that Ive seen, some of the rooms have mezzanines and arches in, really characterful. As I'm sure you're aware, its really beautiful (albeit surrounded by tourists- the novelty of living on the royal mile wears off very quickly, but you still cant fault how close you are to everything). I've felt there's more international exchange students here than at some other accomodations though, which is nice and all till they fly back home after a semester; that said there's still definitely heaps of home students here too. Theres a fairly nice atmosphere to it, a little quiet if anything but I think most of edinburgh's accomodations are like that. ITs allegedly of the most oversubscribed accommodation at the uni every year, if that tells you anyhting about how nice it is. Cant say much about Hermits Croft, never been, but best of luck
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hi, I have an offer and im looking at applying to mylnes court but was wondering how small the small rooms are as they're quite a lot cheaper than the standard?
Original post by v1rgomoon
Hello! I have an unconditional offer to study PhilThe at UOE for next year, undergrad level. I'm currently looking at accommodation and I'm between Hermit's Croft and Mylnes Court to put as my first (due to health issues I am likely to get my first choice). I am seeing conflicting information on Mylnes Court. It's super close to the New School which is brilliant, but a lot of posts online are saying it's for postgrad only? Yet, on the UOE website, Mylnes comes up for UG accom options. Very confusing.

Any other views/experiences RE Mylnes or Hermits Croft are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I’ll be a first year PhilThe next year and I just got my offer for Mylnes! Have you got an accommodation offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending