The Student Room Group

Senior physics challenge Cambridge residential (Isaac physics)

Hello, I am Niharika.
I have enrolled in the senior physics challenge in Isaac physics and was wondering how many C2 and C3 questions do you need to solve to secure a place in the residential?
(edited 1 year ago)
minimum 400 imo excluding double difficulties (i.e a question that is both a level c3 and further a c1, it will show up as two questions in your progress but is only one question)
Original post by zaahir
minimum 400 imo excluding double difficulties (i.e a question that is both a level c3 and further a c1, it will show up as two questions in your progress but is only one question)

Ok thank you!
Last year, someone got accepted with these stats (found from the senior physics challenge 2021 thread), 250 C1, 145 C2, 32 C3, 29 FC1, 4 FC2 and 10 Uni C1, and he did a total of 220 c2 and c3 questions (and above), so I think 400 c2 and c3 is a bit excessive if you just want to make the summer camp. But obviously, the more you do the better.
(edited 1 year ago)
Would Anyone like to make a discord group like they did last year for the SPC this year, My discord is Buster#6938
Original post by iTsJames123
Last year, someone got accepted with these stats (found from the senior physics challenge 2021 thread), 250 C1, 145 C2, 32 C3, 29 FC1, 4 FC2 and 10 Uni C1, and he did a total of 220 c2 and c3 questions (and above), so I think 400 c2 and c3 is a bit excessive if you just want to make the summer camp. But obviously, the more you do the better.
Hiya,
Happy to make a discord group, but would prefer to do it after the deadline for the application to the summer camp. I feel like it is kinda unfair against other people trying to get onto a summer camp if there is a discord server, as people on the server may try to compare answers, leaving other people at a disadvantage.
Also last year, they made the dc server after the deadline
(edited 1 year ago)
Hiya,
Happy to make a discord group, but would prefer to do it after the deadline for the application to the summer camp. I feel like it is kinda unfair against other people trying to get onto a summer camp if there is a discord server, as people on the server may try to compare answers, leaving other people at a disadvantage.
Also last year, they made the dc server after the deadline

Sure are you looking to participate this year?
Original post by Mathematics8
Sure are you looking to participate this year?

yh - i presume you are also looking to participate right?
yh - i presume you are also looking to participate right?

yes
Reply 9
Anyone know the split between the number of physics and maths question you have to do in order to get accepted and how they weight for those double difficulty questions? Because I have notices that quiet a few of my maths C1 questions are also GCSE C3 would that even count as a full C1?

Quick Reply

Latest