The Student Room Group

How did you find the SPC Summer school ?

Hey,
I'm year 12 ,currently doing A Level Maths and Physics.

I came across the SPC and want to know more about it.

If you went to the SPC summer school how did you find the workshops and lectures ?
Hey, I did SPC 2022. It was genuinely one of the best experiences ever! We stayed in a Cambridge college, got introductory lectures on quantum mechanics ( following the QMP Primer ), did some fun practicals and made friends who are all really interested by physics. If you can apply, I would say 100% to go for it, I am so glad that I did. I ended up doing around 570 Isaac challenge questions to get onto the course, I am sure you can probably look at the other threads to get an idea of how many you need to do. Not only is it really fun, but it is super good on a physical science/ engineering personal statement- and the questions you do to get in are great preparation for things like PAT/NSAA and interviews.
Reply 2
Original post by RexScelestus
Hey, I did SPC 2022. It was genuinely one of the best experiences ever! We stayed in a Cambridge college, got introductory lectures on quantum mechanics ( following the QMP Primer ), did some fun practicals and made friends who are all really interested by physics. If you can apply, I would say 100% to go for it, I am so glad that I did. I ended up doing around 570 Isaac challenge questions to get onto the course, I am sure you can probably look at the other threads to get an idea of how many you need to do. Not only is it really fun, but it is super good on a physical science/ engineering personal statement- and the questions you do to get in are great preparation for things like PAT/NSAA and interviews.

Thanks,
I really appreciate it.
Reply 3
Original post by RexScelestus

Hi Rex, I'm sorry if the question is a bit personal but may I ask if you got admitted into Oxbridge afterwards? I'm trying to do the SPC this year and just want to know how much getting into the residential boosts your chances.

Quick Reply

Latest