The Student Room Group

Imperial College Mechanical Engineering Exam/Tes

Hi all,

I'm thinking of applying to Imperial College for the next academic year (starting Sept 2024). I noticed there's an exam for Mechanical Engineering that you have to take, part of the admissions. Does anyone have any tips on doing this exam or where I can find resources to help prepare?
Original post by engineering06
Hi all,

I'm thinking of applying to Imperial College for the next academic year (starting Sept 2024). I noticed there's an exam for Mechanical Engineering that you have to take, part of the admissions. Does anyone have any tips on doing this exam or where I can find resources to help prepare?

they give you a practice test and one of the exact questions in that practice came up in my actual exam. i dont remember finding any past papers so do problem solving type questions on like isaac physics or even engaa or pat questions
Reply 2
Did you get the practice test after you applied or before (i.e. was it on the website)? I didn't study A Levels so I'm not that familiar with Isaac Physics, Engaa or the PAT.
Original post by user8937264980
they give you a practice test and one of the exact questions in that practice came up in my actual exam. i dont remember finding any past papers so do problem solving type questions on like isaac physics or even engaa or pat questions
Original post by engineering06
Did you get the practice test after you applied or before (i.e. was it on the website)? I didn't study A Levels so I'm not that familiar with Isaac Physics, Engaa or the PAT.

i could access it with the test login they gave me before my test. i think anyone can use isaac physics and the engaa and pat are the engineering admissions assessments for cambridge and oxford. all 3 are good sources of maths and physics problem solving that will help in the imperial test

Quick Reply

Latest