The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Official UoB 2023 - Accommodation Thread

💥 Hello everyone! 💥

This thread is for students who will be applying to the University of Brighton for September 2023 entry, as well as existing students who are already studying with us.

You can use this space to ask us any accommodation-related questions you may have, to chat with other students, or to find others to live with. 💬

You can ask us about the halls of residences we have available as part of our university-managed accommodation e.g. which halls would be the closest located to your campus of study, how rent payments are taken, or for information about applying for halls etc. 🌆

Or, you can ask use this thread to ask questions about securing housing in the private sector in Brighton; you may wish to ask us for advice on where to look for housing, prices in the city, guarantors, fees, and deposits, or any other housing questions you may have! 🏠

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

You can also find our guidance on both university and private accommodation options on our website here: https://www.brighton.ac.uk/accommodation-and-locations/university-accommodation/index.aspx
Would you like this thread sticking at the top of the forum? :smile:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by 04MR17
Would you like this thread sticking at the top of the forum? :smile:

Yes please! :smile:
Original post by University of Brighton Accommodation
Yes please! :smile:

Done :yy:
Reply 4
Hi, i suppose i have three questions. First of all, i have received an conditional offer from Brighton and have made them my firm choice, what month should i be expecting to get an email asking me to make a booking request because my insurance choice has already asked me to start booking accommodation and i am nervous that i am missing some sort of deadline with Brighton, will i be sent a link to somewhere i can book accommodation? And lastly, since i am on a conditional offer, how likely is it that i will get my first choice of accommodation because it is very important that i get an en-suite and the price of the hauls is affordable but if people with unconditional offers are going to get to pick first, how likely are my chances of getting a good place?
Original post by Bluehdc
Hi, i suppose i have three questions. First of all, i have received an conditional offer from Brighton and have made them my firm choice, what month should i be expecting to get an email asking me to make a booking request because my insurance choice has already asked me to start booking accommodation and i am nervous that i am missing some sort of deadline with Brighton, will i be sent a link to somewhere i can book accommodation? And lastly, since i am on a conditional offer, how likely is it that i will get my first choice of accommodation because it is very important that i get an en-suite and the price of the hauls is affordable but if people with unconditional offers are going to get to pick first, how likely are my chances of getting a good place?

Hey - thanks for your question! :smile:

Applications for accommodation for September 2023 have not yet opened, and are due to open in the next month. Once applications have opened, we will send an invitation email to apply online to all eligible students. To be eligible to apply, students need to be joining the university for their first year of full time study and they need to have made the university their firm choice offer on UCAS.

We will also publish our updated pricing, allocation policy, and the deadline to submit applications by on the university website prior to applications opening in the Spring, and the portal will also be made available on the university website. In the meantime, you may wish to familiarise yourself with the options available: https://www.brighton.ac.uk/accommodation-and-locations/university-accommodation/index.aspx

-

In regards to your question about getting your first-choice option, we do not operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Instead, all eligible students (whether their offer is conditional or unconditional) are required to apply before the advertised deadline (this usually falls in June, but will be confirmed on the website once applications open) in order to be guaranteed a place in halls. In the previous academic year, 88% of students received an accommodation offer for their first choice option.

When you submit your application to us, we will ask you to list a minimum of four accommodation options in your order of preference. If you would prefer en-suite options only, you can list only en-suite options in your application. We also ask students to tell us their accommodation priority, for some this will be cost, for others it will be that they need an en-suite and are willing therefore to travel a little further. So, you can use this to put your priority as an 'en-suite bathroom.

The only difference between conditional and unconditional offer holders in regards to their accommodation, is that we are legally not able to contact conditional offer holders with their room offer until Results Day, whereas unconditional offer holders have been sent their room offer emails slightly earlier than this, as they already have their academic results.

Furthermore, we have a one-offer policy which means that students who reject their rooms, will be required to find alternative accommodation, and their room will be re-offered to another student, so please be assured that your chance of getting your desired accommodation option will not be affected because you have a conditional offer!

Hope this helped, let us know if you have any more questions!!

Jess :h:
Accommodation Officer
Accommodation Services
:hello: Hey prospective students! :hello:

Starting with us in September and thinking about booking university accommodation?

Take a look at our updated accommodation allocation policy:
📌 https://www.brighton.ac.uk/accommodation-and-locations/helping-you-find-your-home/allocation-policy/index.aspx

Compare our halls:
📌 https://www.brighton.ac.uk/accommodation-and-locations/university-accommodation/index.aspx

Key info:
> Eligible students will be invited to book accommodation by email from April onwards (keep an eye on your inbox and junk!)
> You book your place via our online accommodation portal
> The deadline for guaranteed accommodation bookings is 30th June

Got a question? Drop us a reply in this thread!
- Accommodation Services, UoB

:party:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, I'm hopefully going to be joining UoB this September to do dentistry. This will be my second degree so I am a mature student. I enjoy going out but I don't need a 24/7 party. Do you have any advice on which accommodation to go for or how to contact other mature students?
hi, I have a secure place at Brighton university studying social sciences which is on Falmer campus. but I can't decide whether living in a different campus to where my lectures will be will have any affect on me. I do enjoy going out and like the idea of living in the city, but will that affect making friends and travelling to my lectures
(edited 1 year ago)
If I’m moving with a partner can we request to be in the same flat? We’re both in creative subjects and looking at phoenix halls so is it possible to have the same flat or is it small enough that we won’t be far from each other anyways
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
If I’m moving with a partner can we request to be in the same flat? We’re both in creative subjects and looking at phoenix halls so is it possible to have the same flat or is it small enough that we won’t be far from each other anyways

Ring accommodation and ask! They're so helpful and (lol) accommodating!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending