The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Transferring into Year 2 / second year

Hello,

I am looking to transfer into second year, and understand that I need to apply through UCAS by the end of January. I am keen to submit the application but I am having trouble contacting the correct people at the University. Is it worth still submitting my application before I have spoken to anyone? I have not spoken to anyone at my current Uni or the Uni that I am hoping to transfer to yet, but I am worried I will miss the deadline if I do not get the application in.

Thanks
Original post by cloooooe12345
Hello,

I am looking to transfer into second year, and understand that I need to apply through UCAS by the end of January. I am keen to submit the application but I am having trouble contacting the correct people at the University. Is it worth still submitting my application before I have spoken to anyone? I have not spoken to anyone at my current Uni or the Uni that I am hoping to transfer to yet, but I am worried I will miss the deadline if I do not get the application in.

Thanks

Is the course open to year 2 applications on UCAS? Use the course search and filter on year of entry. If it’s open then that’s a good sign that they’ll consider you. You have 5 choices so you can use all of them!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by cloooooe12345
Hello,

Thanks

Hi @cloooooe12345

Please feel free to contact our enquiries team who are able to discuss your options for transferring into year two by calling 01273 644644 or filling out their online form here🙂

Most of our courses allow for year two transfers if you have studied modules similar to those covered in the first year of your chosen course. There are a handful of courses that do not currently allow for year two transfers, such as Pharmacy. Our enquiries team will be able to confirm if your chosen course is open to year two transfers.

Once you have submitted your UCAS application for year two entry, the admissions team will contact you shortly after to request a transcript from your current university. This document has a breakdown of the modules you have covered in your first year of study. The admissions team will then review this along with your full application.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your application.

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi @cloooooe12345

Please feel free to contact our enquiries team who are able to discuss your options for transferring into year two by calling 01273 644644 or filling out their online form here🙂

Most of our courses allow for year two transfers if you have studied modules similar to those covered in the first year of your chosen course. There are a handful of courses that do not currently allow for year two transfers, such as Pharmacy. Our enquiries team will be able to confirm if your chosen course is open to year two transfers.

Once you have submitted your UCAS application for year two entry, the admissions team will contact you shortly after to request a transcript from your current university. This document has a breakdown of the modules you have covered in your first year of study. The admissions team will then review this along with your full application.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your application.

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

If you want to transfer from year 1 to year 2 and have emailed admissions and they have said you're suitable for transfers, would you then just apply on ucas for that course?

Also what happens if we're not able to get our transcript yet in time for the regular UCAS deadline and instead get it at the end of the academic year
Original post by Anonymous #1
If you want to transfer from year 1 to year 2 and have emailed admissions and they have said you're suitable for transfers, would you then just apply on ucas for that course?

Also what happens if we're not able to get our transcript yet in time for the regular UCAS deadline and instead get it at the end of the academic year

Hi,

Yes that's correct. If admissions have confirmed you are suitable for year two entry, you must then submit a UCAS application and select the year two entry option.

You will not need to submit your transcript with your UCAS application. The admissions team will request this at a later date via your Studentview account, which you will gain access to after submitting your application to us. If you are unable to obtain the transcript when they request this, please respond directly to the message they sent you to confirm and they will then be able to advise you further.

I hope this is helpful 🙂

All the best, Danielle - Brighton Uni rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending