The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Moving from a big city to Falmouth

Hi! I’m looking into studying film at uni and Falmouth really appeals to me. The course, campus, and area all look really great. I wouldn’t start for another year at least and I would be an undergraduate. I currently live in a city of 10 million+ people. I’m used to lots of things happening and lots of people. As much as I love the look of Falmouth, I’m worried that it will be underwhelming socially because of how much smaller it is. Has anyone here moved from a large city (perhaps from somewhere outside of the UK)? And how has the adjustment been? Thanks
Reply 1
Hi, I'm doing the same course and living on campus, and starting the course this year. I'm coming from a city of around 2 million people so it's a big change, but I've always loved that area of Britain been visiting there for years and heard the nightlife and social community in Falmouth is quite lively and bustling especially when students are there. Plus you have the whole of Cornwall at disposal, in the summer the south of Cornwall is full to the brim with things to do and people e.g. St Ives, Penzance all a quick train ride away. Beaches and the areas around them will be where it's happening. Also if you enjoy surfing there's always something to do lol being so close to the sea.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Thank you! Funnily I just visited for a few days and am on the way home right now. I loved it! Glad to know about nigjt life

Original post by Akgn_
Hi, I'm doing the same course and living on campus, and starting the course this year. I'm coming from a city of around 2 million people so it's a big change, but I've always loved that area of Britain been visiting there for years and heard the nightlife and social community in Falmouth is quite lively and bustling especially when students are there. Plus you have the whole of Cornwall at disposal, in the summer the south of Cornwall is full to the brim with things to do and people e.g. St Ives, Penzance all a quick train ride away. Beaches and the areas around them will be where it's happening. Also if you enjoy surfing there's always something to do lol being so close to the sea.

Quick Reply

Latest