The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology GCSE Digestive system

I’m in Year 10, about half way through GCSEs. I’m confused where the digestive system is in the spec, is it with enzymes? do we have to know about the process of digestion from the mouth to the stomach/small intestines?
Original post by jezden
I’m in Year 10, about half way through GCSEs. I’m confused where the digestive system is in the spec, is it with enzymes? do we have to know about the process of digestion from the mouth to the stomach/small intestines?

what do you mean by spec?yes,u should have a little knowledge about carbs being digested in saliva(mouth),fats in duodenum and proteins in stomach(all conditions of stomach such as the low ph and its reasoning)...pancreatic duct enzymes(they are alkaline and why they are?) pathway and their substrate and products....what happens to excess glucose and what are the digested fats and proteins used for and so on....i m sorry if there is any mistake in here since its a long time i gave bio...but these are the main point that u should remember...
Reply 2
Original post by Saeed23
what do you mean by spec?yes,u should have a little knowledge about carbs being digested in saliva(mouth),fats in duodenum and proteins in stomach(all conditions of stomach such as the low ph and its reasoning)...pancreatic duct enzymes(they are alkaline and why they are?) pathway and their substrate and products....what happens to excess glucose and what are the digested fats and proteins used for and so on....i m sorry if there is any mistake in here since its a long time i gave bio...but these are the main point that u should remember...

Thank you! I meant specification, but this cleared the question up I think I just need general knowledge on it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending