The Student Room Group

revising for biology the night before year 10 unit 1

im actually sooo stressed about this, especially because im not the brightest in biology, yet i was entered for higher tier, i really hope to achieve atleats a C, however heres the problem.

when mocks were introduced for science, i did the biology mock and came out with a D, thats because my studying wasnt efficient enough and i didnt have the right materials and was unaware of advanced details given about the mock, and i didnt even know where to begin to revise, i just rewrote everything in my biology book and tried to memorise it the night before, which is probably why i preformed poorly.

however now i've received advanced information about my exam that im going to be doing TMR... i have less than 24 hours to revise and im so anxious, however this time i've come more prepared with my notes since i know what im prioritizing to revise, i feel like i could do it but i just dont know, im just really scared but i hope i achieve atleast a C/B, i think i will spend all of tomorrow memorizing my stuff and then testing it out on past papers and during my actual exam i'll spill everything i crammed into my head on the back of the paper so i can flick back to that part of the exam paper just incase i forget info halfway thru doing the exam paper and it was needed for a question, I THINK THATS A GOOD plan??? im just worried because theres 30 pages worth of notes, and some parts of it , i just dont understand so i rely on memorizing which is a bad thing i know since the only way of doing well is from being able to understand what you're doing, but i js dont get some of it ahhhhhh

the topics btw.. are

1. ecosystem and human impact
2. cells and movement across membranes
3. circulatory system
4. photosynthesis in plants
5. respiration
6. digestion/digestive system and enzymes

im actually terrified , wish me luck....
Reply 1
try not to leave it to memorizing, trust me it doesnt usually work esp if the questions r confusing. try to understand it, look at the topic on TikTok maybe or search them on YouTube and hopefully it'll help u. what I did was watch a vid, make notes in rlly short bulletpoints, after, I do flashcards from physics and maths tutor and SAY THE ANSWERS OUTLOUD!! save any ones that u dont know yet/dont know properly and go over them and it should all stick if ur exam is tomorrow. lol im doing the same for tmr, I have a chemistry mock and im yr12😭😭
Original post by annieeeeeeee
im actually sooo stressed about this, especially because im not the brightest in biology, yet i was entered for higher tier, i really hope to achieve atleats a C, however heres the problem.

when mocks were introduced for science, i did the biology mock and came out with a D, thats because my studying wasnt efficient enough and i didnt have the right materials and was unaware of advanced details given about the mock, and i didnt even know where to begin to revise, i just rewrote everything in my biology book and tried to memorise it the night before, which is probably why i preformed poorly.

however now i've received advanced information about my exam that im going to be doing TMR... i have less than 24 hours to revise and im so anxious, however this time i've come more prepared with my notes since i know what im prioritizing to revise, i feel like i could do it but i just dont know, im just really scared but i hope i achieve atleast a C/B, i think i will spend all of tomorrow memorizing my stuff and then testing it out on past papers and during my actual exam i'll spill everything i crammed into my head on the back of the paper so i can flick back to that part of the exam paper just incase i forget info halfway thru doing the exam paper and it was needed for a question, I THINK THATS A GOOD plan??? im just worried because theres 30 pages worth of notes, and some parts of it , i just dont understand so i rely on memorizing which is a bad thing i know since the only way of doing well is from being able to understand what you're doing, but i js dont get some of it ahhhhhh

the topics btw.. are

1. ecosystem and human impact
2. cells and movement across membranes
3. circulatory system
4. photosynthesis in plants
5. respiration
6. digestion/digestive system and enzymes

im actually terrified , wish me luck....
Reply 2
omg goodluck, r u doing chem A lvl? i heard it hard omg.... gl fr fr

also u right about how u memorize but dont understand thing, but ibsfr biology is js common sense, but for memorizing, i need to know methods for practicals and the independent variable and stuff and equations for stuff like photosynthesis and all that and then learn other stuff like labels and stufF etc, but basically imma go over it for 8 hours straight , GL ON UR CHEM !!

Quick Reply

Latest