The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

John Snow vs Josephine Butler!

Hello! Just looking to gather some public opinion :smile:

I’ve decided that these two colleges are my top two. Love the facilities of both, the proximity to the science site, and the accommodation offered. Plus, both are self-catered and majority en-suite

If anyone wants to share their experiences with residing in either of these colleges, I would love to know :smile:
Original post by blue_dalmatian
Hello! Just looking to gather some public opinion :smile:

I’ve decided that these two colleges are my top two. Love the facilities of both, the proximity to the science site, and the accommodation offered. Plus, both are self-catered and majority en-suite

If anyone wants to share their experiences with residing in either of these colleges, I would love to know :smile:

Hey. I’m a first year at John snow college. I’ve loved living in this college. In my experience I’ve really enjoyed the free food Wednesdays. They’ve given us everything from fruit and veg boxes (that save money on food shopping) to pancakes and brownies. Also the igloo bar is really nice for connecting: in the beginnning of term we had a pub quiz every Sunday and then there are other society socials that take place in there. In terms of formals, there are a few booked into the calendar year and it’s been fun to dress formally and take part in them. Although it’s self catered there are times when we have free dinners with our college parents (second and third year students who are there to guide us through first year like a buddy system). I hope this all helps. Lmk if you want anymore info
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest