The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Official Durham University Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @Durham University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @Durham University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi,

I applied early entry in October. When do you normally expect to hear back?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi everyone, i received an offer yesterday for computer science from durham.
Reply 3
Hi, I'm also on a gap year and will be taking Accounting and Finance next year. I've also been assigned to Stephenson college :smile:
Original post by Manango
Hi, I'm also on a gap year and will be taking Accounting and Finance next year. I've also been assigned to Stephenson college :smile:

That's amazing congratulations 👏👏. How did you get assigned a college so soon?
Reply 5
Original post by Ben.biggyy.junk
That's amazing congratulations 👏👏. How did you get assigned a college so soon?

I actually got assigned to one this year when the 2023 freshers got theirs, that being quite close to the starting date of the 2023 course
(edited 5 months ago)
hi, i've got an offer for theoretical physics starting in sept 2024, i'm studying chemistry, physics, maths, and further maths at a level and have an epq in sustainability and energy resource management. would love to get in touch with ahyone else doing my course 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi. Congrats! Can I ask, are you home or international? Is your offer contextual?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi. Congrats! Can I ask, are you home or international? Is your offer contextual?

i'm a home student and my offer is contextual.
good luck for yours!
Reply 9
does anyone know where i can find tour videos of Durham colleges so that i can have an insight to what colleges look like?
Original post by tmin09
does anyone know where i can find tour videos of Durham colleges so that i can have an insight to what colleges look like?

There are a couple on YouTube on the Durham student channel but you may also be able to find them on tik Tok for each college (possibly on their JCR page)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #3
There are a couple on YouTube on the Durham student channel but you may also be able to find them on tik Tok for each college (possibly on their JCR page)

Ahh Ic thanks.
just got an offer! non-contextual and uk applicant so very surprised!
Original post by Anonymous #4
just got an offer! non-contextual and uk applicant so very surprised!

What subject is this for please?
Reply 14
Durham are notoriously late with replies. They said this year they will get all their replies done by 31/3/2023, but some applicants get an earlier offer. This can be because Durham is trying to compete with the oxbridge applicants for students, so Durham tries to get their offers out to those people sooner.
Head to the thread for Durham applicants 2024 and there is a link to a google sheets with loads of applicants current application process to Durham.

How will Durham know if students have applied for Oxbridge to get offers to those applicants sooner?
Original post by Anonymous #2

What subject is this for please?

anthropology and sociology
Original post by schoolmum
Durham are notoriously late with replies. They said this year they will get all their replies done by 31/3/2023, but some applicants get an earlier offer. This can be because Durham is trying to compete with the oxbridge applicants for students, so Durham tries to get their offers out to those people sooner.
Head to the thread for Durham applicants 2024 and there is a link to a google sheets with loads of applicants current application process to Durham.

How will Durham know if students have applied for Oxbridge to get offers to those applicants sooner?

they don’t, but they can get an idea from when you applied. the oxbridge application deadline was the 16th october, so if you applied before then then they can sometimes assume that you have

Oxbridge has an early deadline, which for this year was 16/10/23. So anyone who applies before then and has a strong application are very likely Oxbridge, and so Durham are more likely to give an offer in early November, to compete with those Oxbridge applicants.
Reply 18
Oxbridge has an early deadline, which for this year was 16/10/23. So anyone who applies before then and has a strong application are very likely Oxbridge, and so Durham are more likely to give an offer in early November, to compete with those Oxbridge applicants.

Of course! Hoping for an earlier rather than later offer since the college choices are on a first come, first served basis!
Of course! Hoping for an earlier rather than later offer since the college choices are on a first come, first served basis!

I thought they started college allocation in May? And they will get all offers done by 31/3/23, so everyone will have equal college chance if they firm Durham?

I just checked my college application confirmation email and it says "You will be able to amend your choices up until the college allocation process runs in May."
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest