The Student Room Group

What books would you read for quantiative analysis if you done maths and finance?

I am trying to supplement my learning with further study in financial mathematics. Specifically, I am looking into reading more about quants.

I have studied quantiative degrees in finance before, but I do not know what more I would need to learn to understand quants and actuarial finance.

I understand the maths involved would include:
Probability and statistics
Stochastic calculus
Linear Algebra

I have covered A Level maths and further maths, so I have covered some areas of probability, statistics, and linear algebra. I am not sure whether I have coverd these topics in enough depth though.

I am also looking into Python (including libraries in Numpy and Panda), so I more or less have that area covered. I need more examples on the applications in quants.

If I don't want to do a degree in computaitonal finance, quants, actuarial science, etc. and I should study everything by myself, what good books do you recommend that I pick up to supplement my learning without having to repeating a lot of the material that I have already covered?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending