The Student Room Group

Breaking into finance

Everyone talks about how you can get into finance with any degree, but would that mean I’m further behind (like position/hierarchy wise) and what about if I’m doing international relations and want finance related internships, am I disadvantaged because I don’t do an econ/finance/acc undergrad degree?
Original post by Skittles_beans
Everyone talks about how you can get into finance with any degree, but would that mean I’m further behind (like position/hierarchy wise) and what about if I’m doing international relations and want finance related internships, am I disadvantaged because I don’t do an econ/finance/acc undergrad degree?

Not as far as I know. I mean if you have a quantiative degree, I think you might be looked upon more favourably because of the skills that come with it. Generally, you're fine if you're a people person.

There are plenty of finance degree apprenticeships that don't specifically require you to have economics to go into them for example. This is mainly because they don't require you to have extensive knowledge in economics to do the job - most of the economics you would need to know would be covered in the professional qualification that you would end up doing.

If you want specific testimonies of people getting into finance without a related degree, let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending