The Student Room Group

GCSE higher combined science aqa

How long does it take to achieve a 6-6 GCSEs higher combined science and how long does it take to revise from scratch basically with very little knowledge of the course. I have a good memory but I make a lot of silly mistakes I can revise for 6 hrs a day effectively with breaks. What is the difference between combined science foundation and combined science higher
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by suzy23
How long does it take to achieve a 6-6 GCSEs higher combined science and how long does it take to revise from scratch basically with very little knowledge of the course. I have a good memory but I make a lot of silly mistakes I can revise for 6 hrs a day effectively with breaks. What is the difference between combined science foundation and combined science higher

Hello ^^
I'm a Year 9 student right now, and we're doing combined science for GCSE (for now). We haven't divided in sets yet, but we will after Year 10 Christmas.
My current target grade is a 6-6, so in my perspective, basically to achieve a 6-6, you need to have a good grasp on the concept, and are able to develop your points clearly with the necessary key words/ phrases. Although I would say having good memory would help, the most important thing is to actually fully understand the concept, which I am working on right now.

I hope this actually helps :')
Original post by Elffo
Hello ^^
I'm a Year 9 student right now, and we're doing combined science for GCSE (for now). We haven't divided in sets yet, but we will after Year 10 Christmas.
My current target grade is a 6-6, so in my perspective, basically to achieve a 6-6, you need to have a good grasp on the concept, and are able to develop your points clearly with the necessary key words/ phrases. Although I would say having good memory would help, the most important thing is to actually fully understand the concept, which I am working on right now.

I hope this actually helps :')

combined science higher go into more detail and more specific than foundation level. I have looked at past papers and they seem quite easy they just go into more detail. If I am wrong then please correct me. How long did you take you to learn the content?
Reply 3
Original post by suzy23
combined science higher go into more detail and more specific than foundation level. I have looked at past papers and they seem quite easy they just go into more detail. If I am wrong then please correct me. How long did you take you to learn the content?

technically, yeah you're right.
As for how long it takes to learn the content per topic, let's say, animal and plant cells ( biology ),
1. Two lessons in school [ two hours ]
2. Research for videos and resources ( plus identifying which ones are good ) [ about 30 mins ]
3. A rundown of resources I've collected (depends on abundance of resources and how much in depth I understand them ) [ 30 mins to an hour or more ]
( Unnecessary : Making notes or mindmaps from the resources I've collected [ 1 - 2 hours ] only when I have time after homework and other revision )

Hope it kinda helps, P.S. this is my own revision method, may not work for everyone

Quick Reply

Latest