The Student Room Group

gcse biology higher tier

i am currently doing my gcses and I am taking triple science (higher).when i was going through the AQA biology specification i saw that some parts said (biology only) so my question is am I supposed to study the parts that say (biology only) or should i leave them since i am doing Higher
Reply 1
"Most of the content is common with and co-teachable with GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy. Content
that is only applicable to biology is indicated by (biology only) either next to the topic heading where it
applies to the whole topic or immediately preceding each paragraph or bullet point as applicable."

I think this means that you are supposed to study them but people doing combined science don't have to
Reply 2
thanks for your response .and by that you mean that i am supposed to study everything in the aqa spec since i took triple science and correct me if i am wrong
Reply 3
Original post by samajjj
i am currently doing my gcses and I am taking triple science (higher).when i was going through the AQA biology specification i saw that some parts said (biology only) so my question is am I supposed to study the parts that say (biology only) or should i leave them since i am doing Higher

If you’re doing Triple Science you need to know everything in the Spec (the parts saying ‘Biology only’ is what students who are doing Combined Higher don’t need to know).

If doing triple higher: you need to know everything in the spec
If doing combined higher: you don’t need to know the ‘biology only’ parts
Original post by samajjj

Biology only means that content is for triple science students. If you are studying for triple and not combined science you should absolutely study that content as it will be on your exams.
Original post by samajjj
thanks for your response .and by that you mean that i am supposed to study everything in the aqa spec since i took triple science and correct me if i am wrong

Yea that’s right
Reply 6
thanks so much ,this helped me alot

Quick Reply

Latest