The Student Room Group

pls help :(

gsce exams coming very soon, i feel like i haven't done very much revision and my mental health hasn't been great so far
also i want to do rlly well in my gcses because i'm worried that if i don't do well than my family gets disappointed and life is over.
i'm really scared because my grades are 3, 4, 5 and want to pass the exams
- also i'm currently trying to balance out studying, fasting and praying (due to the religion: islam) but not sure how to do it
Original post by oursgrace
gsce exams coming very soon, i feel like i haven't done very much revision and my mental health hasn't been great so far
also i want to do rlly well in my gcses because i'm worried that if i don't do well than my family gets disappointed and life is over.
i'm really scared because my grades are 3, 4, 5 and want to pass the exams
- also i'm currently trying to balance out studying, fasting and praying (due to the religion: islam) but not sure how to do it

Hi I came across your post in my recommendation :biggrin:
Even though I did not study GCSEs (since I am an international student)
I still would like to tell you that mental health is really important in this stage
In my case I am having my public exams next week and got two uni rejections, what I hear from others is that preparing yourself mentally is the key thing when facing exams
Sometimes loads of revision doesn’t guarantee you will get good grades
So definitely do try to stay positive and find someone you trust to chat with, to prevent you from freaking out when the exams arrive
For studying options, I recommend you to do a bit of pastpapers (if possible) and figure out the topics that you are unfamiliar and focus on revising that if time is really running short
Plus you could also carry a mindset that as long as you are satisfied with your performance it’s alright (besides it’s not your parents who are taking the exam :tongue:)

Anyways, sorry for my terrible English (I am not a native speaker haha)
Do wish you the best in your exam and remember there is always someone behind your back supporting you! <3
Reply 2
hii,
Im also a Muslim and did my GCSE's last year,
please know that GCSE's aren't everything and even in the future they look at any excentuating circumstances you had while taking them
I'd recommend Seneca (it has most subjects) or freesciencelessons on yt because its way easier to learn on that site rather than write like 70 pages
Constant revision truely doesn't guarentee good grades- instead try and find the structure to answering questions
eg English Literature to get above a 7, normally you should talk about tone, contrasting themes, shifts in perspective of a narrator (does he talk about an object then focus on a person?) symbolism, metaphors, personifiation and effects of language overall
History- always talk about long term and short term impacts, limitations in of an argument, tone of a source linking it back to knowledge and (though not always needed) dates for the events
Maths- Maths Tutor on yt
In terms of fasting, I'd recommend having food with a lot of protien to help you through the day (ie eggs oatmeal) and water as it can keep you more energised
It is possible to move from 5's to 8's (that happened to me in history till i leant that structure the month before)
Prayers- do them as soon as the azan calls and use them as a time for a break
Inshallah the exams go well for you and I wish you the best
Reply 3
^ another part I forgot to mention
Mr Salles is great for English Lit and Lang
Primrose Kittens past papers were a live saver because really similar questions did actually come up

Quick Reply

Latest