The Student Room Group

Urgenttttt!!!!!!!!

Hellooooo
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello :smile: What's your question?
hii
Hello everyone! I am taking the LPC and have a to submit a practical legal research memorandum. Does anyone can give me any ideas of where to look or what keywords to use?

Here's a summary of the facts of the question:
We act for S who are former auditors of E Ltd. E Ltd is in liquidation and it's liquidator has brought an action for fraudulent trading against a director of E Ltd. The proceedings are regarding the director's dishonesty in running the company. The liquidator now claims that S were involved in the fraudulent trading. The liquidator wants to draw S into the action by way of contribution proceedings.

Am I right to search for fraudulent trading under s.213 Insolvency Act?
Original post by iL1L
Hello :smile: What's your question?

I am taking the LPC and have a to submit a practical legal research memorandum. Does anyone can give me any ideas of where to look or what keywords to use?

Here's a summary of the facts of the question:
We act for S who are former auditors of E Ltd. E Ltd is in liquidation and it's liquidator has brought an action for fraudulent trading against a director of E Ltd. The proceedings are regarding the director's dishonesty in running the company. The liquidator now claims that S were involved in the fraudulent trading. The liquidator wants to draw S into the action by way of contribution proceedings.

Am I right to search for fraudulent trading under s.213 Insolvency Act?
Reply 5
Hi - I am working on the same question and would appreciate help. I have looked at section 213 but cannot find anything in addition. There is no mention on contribution proceedings so not sure if this is irrelevant. Please help!!!!!!
Reply 6
Original post by Milo Tymn
Hi - I am working on the same question and would appreciate help. I have looked at section 213 but cannot find anything in addition. There is no mention on contribution proceedings so not sure if this is irrelevant. Please help!!!!!!

How did you end up getting on ?, I am doing the same now and wondered if you had any advice or sources you could point me to
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Milo Tymn

I am doing this now, is there any sources etc you could point me towards
Original post by Skr skr
I am doing this now, is there any sources etc you could point me towards

Hi

I ended up passing it but forgot what I wrote.
I will have a look and get back to you xx
Reply 9
Original post by philipaadarkwah
Hi

I ended up passing it but forgot what I wrote.
I will have a look and get back to you xx

Thank you any help would be really appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending