The Student Room Group

Accounting (ACA or ACCA)

Hi Guys

I have been offered a graduate audit position and would have to complete ACA exams should I finish my ACCA exams or do the ACA.
I do have an accounting and finance degree and have been accredited with 8 exemptions with ACCA or 6 with ACA.
Original post by SSANK
Hi Guys

I have been offered a graduate audit position and would have to complete ACA exams should I finish my ACCA exams or do the ACA.
I do have an accounting and finance degree and have been accredited with 8 exemptions with ACCA or 6 with ACA.

How far have you got with the ACCA exams? If you just started, I would just go straight into the ACA. If you are well into the professional papers, then I woudl finish the ACCA and then apply for 12 exemptions in the ACA.

I just don't know what your employer would think though.

The rationale for the above is that ACA would cover everything you would need for auditing. WIth ACCA, you would need to take extra certifications on top in order to do auditing. Plus, a number of graduate employers tend to favour ACA over ACCA; your employer would also likely fund study for one qualification (it's not a free for all study bonanza).
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
How far have you got with the ACCA exams? If you just started, I would just go straight into the ACA. If you are well into the professional papers, then I woudl finish the ACCA and then apply for 12 exemptions in the ACA.

The rationale for the above is that ACA would cover everything you would need for auditing. WIth ACCA, you would need to take extra certifications on top in order to do auditing. Plus, a number of graduate employers tend to favour ACA over ACCA; your employer would also likely fund study for one qualification (it's not a free for all study bonanza).

i meant to say should i start from scratch with the ACA exams or finish the 5 exams i have left with ACCA
Original post by SSANK
i meant to say should i start from scratch with the ACA exams or finish the 5 exams i have left with ACCA

I would start with ACA. If you want to qualify for ACCA, you can do so after you completed ACA as well (need to do 4 more ACCA papers on top)

I would be more concerned about what your employer wants, as your choice of professional body can affect your application.
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
As above - you should stat ACA if you want the job.
Original post by SSANK
Hi Guys

Hi @SSANK,

I am Sayali, a rep from ACCA.

Firstly congratulations on your graduate role!

The exemptions that you have for ACCA will give you a great head start into the ACCA qualification, with just 5 exams to go. The Strategic Professional level also allows you to choose your options exams with what interests you most. Everything that you learn in the graduate role will help you towards your Practical Experience Requirement, making the journey much more easier.

This video can also help you understand more: https://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/student/exam-entry-and-administration/prepare-for-exams/routeplanning/pathways-SP.html

Hope that helps

Good luck!
Sayali
Original post by MindMax2000

Hi @MindMax2000 this is Gemma from ACCA. Just wanted to comment here that ACCA covers the full Audit process the same as the ACA qualification. It sounds here more like an employer preference on qualification which can sometimes happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending