The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

gap year or UNI?

HI! I am a model and applying to uni for 2023. my first choice was fashion journalism at CSM, which was unsuccessful - it was convenient location wise because of my modelling agency being London based too. I have a desire to incorporate fashion into my future in case modelling doesn't work out - now I'm battling between a gap year for modelling which may be inconsistent work, studying journalism at Sheffield or at a London uni with an unconditional, not quite as good as Sheffield for my course but still a solid choice. Any advice? struggling with the idea of just studying journalism on its own without the fashion side of it x
(sorry if this is long)
Reply 1
Do you know specifically why your application was not successful?

You could take a gap year and reapply next year because I don't think it's good idea to study journalism if you think you might not completely enjoy it. You could attend an open day at the uni to see to how the course is.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
they said i was down to the last few candidates which was good i needed to meet all the criteria which they sent me a list of in feedback - im assuming i didnt meet enough of in comparison to other candidate i was up against x
Im considering the gap year too to see where it takes me, there's no harm in one surely :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending