The Student Room Group

English lang igcse edexcel 2023

Does anyone have any predictions for the english language edexcel igcse paper 2023??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you are desperate you could pay only 9 pounds i think on the mme app online
Reply 2
Original post by Hollyatoui3
If you are desperate you could pay only 9 pounds i think on the mme app online

hahahahaha no im broke bruh
Reply 3
Original post by rabiiii379
hahahahaha no im broke bruh

im doing it, i was thinking (from most to least likely) based on whats come up in the non-regional papers
1) fagopwahg
2) a passage to Africa
3) Explorers daughter
4) baaraahp
5) a single story
6) ajib

what did you think???
Reply 4
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
im doing it, i was thinking (from most to least likely) based on whats come up in the non-regional papers
1) fagopwahg
2) a passage to Africa
3) Explorers daughter
4) baaraahp
5) a single story
6) ajib

what did you think???

/these are what ive come up with
1) passage to africa
2) single story
3) young and dyslexic
Reply 5
i'm 100% revising passage to africa, as it hasnt come up yet in the non-regional paper since the new spec. I dont think young and dyslexic will come up, its been done recently in the new spec, (Jan 2022) a single story might come up
the ones that havent come up in the new spec are probs most likely (passage to africa and the polo one)

June 2018 - H is for Hawk

January 2019 - Explorers Daughter

June 2019 - Explorers or Boys Messing About

January 2020 - Between a Rock and a Hard Place

November 2020 - A Single Story

June 2021 - A Journey Into Bhutan

November 2021 - Explorers or Boys Messing About?

January 2022 - Young and Dyslexic

June 2022 - Chinese cinderalla

Jan 2023 - H for hawk

1) passage to africa
2) single story
3) young and dyslexic
Reply 6
1) passage to africa
2) single story
3) young and dyslexic

I'm finding this helpful for annotations of passage to Africa (http://mrhoyesgcsewebsite.com/Lang%20Exam/Tracked%20Anthology%20Extracts/Passage%20to%20Africa/Passage%20to%20Africa%20-%20Pan.pdf), and maybe look at the regional mark-schemes for that text, as they have done it recently i believe
Reply 7
i'm 100% revising passage to africa, as it hasnt come up yet in the non-regional paper since the new spec. I dont think young and dyslexic will come up, its been done recently in the new spec, (Jan 2022) a single story might come up
the ones that havent come up in the new spec are probs most likely (passage to africa and the polo one)

June 2019 - Explorers or Boys Messing About

Jan 2023 - H for hawk

Waiiitt so polo headless goats one might come up
Reply 8
I'm finding this helpful for annotations of passage to Africa (http://mrhoyesgcsewebsite.com/Lang%20Exam/Tracked%20Anthology%20Extracts/Passage%20to%20Africa/Passage%20to%20Africa%20-%20Pan.pdf), and maybe look at the regional mark-schemes for that text, as they have done it recently i believe

Omggg Yhh i use that quite a lot, i also watch mrs rumsey shes rlly good and then for additional notes i use quizlet cus they have different annotations good luck for the exam :smile:
Reply 9
same here!! good luck for the exam as well, youll do great!

Omggg Yhh i use that quite a lot, i also watch mrs rumsey shes rlly good and then for additional notes i use quizlet cus they have different annotations good luck for the exam :smile:
yes, one of the most likely ones (sadly) so id focus on that and the passage to africa one
because i dont think regional papers are that much related to no regional, and they havent done it yet.
the only one its most likely NOT going to be is H for Hawk, as thats the most recent one done (and its been done twice) the boys messing about one is also not likely, as thats been done twice already in the new spec.

Waiiitt so polo headless goats one might come up

Hi again, https://www.theonlinegoverness.com/a-passage-to-africa is also really good bytheway!
i think the headless goats one was the regional paper in jan 2023, do u think it cld still come up for the non regional?

yes, one of the most likely ones (sadly) so id focus on that and the passage to africa one
because i dont think regional papers are that much related to no regional, and they havent done it yet.
the only one its most likely NOT going to be is H for Hawk, as thats the most recent one done (and its been done twice) the boys messing about one is also not likely, as thats been done twice already in the new spec.
I don't think the regional and non regional are related, so im ignoring what has come up in the regional and basing my predictions solely on the recent texts in the non-regional:
June 2019 - Explorers or Boys Messing About?
Jan 2023 - H for hawk

The passage to africa and the polo one has never been in he new spec for non regional, so id focus on them
my predictions from most likely to least likely is:
1) a game of polo
2) a passage to africa
3) Explorers daughter
4) baaraahp
5) a single story
6) a journey into Bhutan

Original post by fredykruger
i think the headless goats one was the regional paper in jan 2023, do u think it cld still come up for the non regional?
Reply 14
Hi again, https://www.theonlinegoverness.com/a-passage-to-africa is also really good bytheway!

Omgg thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are really helpful :smile:
Reply 15

Yesss okkk im focusing on passage to africa, headless goat polo, single story and explorers daughter
same here <33 im getting on w revision now, speak later
Yesss okkk im focusing on passage to africa, headless goat polo, single story and explorers daughter
no problemmmmmmmm <3

Omgg thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are really helpful :smile:
how would you answer a q4 on the headless goat polo one or passsage to africa?
Original post by fredykruger
how would you answer a q4 on the headless goat polo one or passsage to africa?

id recommed these who annotate the paper so you can learn the points and use them in q4
mrhoyesgcsewebsite.com/Lang Exam/Tracked Anthology Extracts/Passage to Africa/Passage to Africa - Pan.pdf
https://www.theonlinegoverness.com/a-passage-to-africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThciKENA2M

Quick Reply

Latest