The Student Room Group

Erasable pen

I used erasable pen in my igcse exam , so my exam will be cancelled or not.
Original post by Maraim
I used erasable pen in my igcse exam , so my exam will be cancelled or not.

If they can’t read the script properly because of the ink disappearing, the examiner will likely request the physical paper to be marked.

That being said, don’t use an erasable pen in any other exam that you have. Just cross it out in a ballpoint one.
Reply 2
Original post by SagaciousSag
If they can’t read the script properly because of the ink disappearing, the examiner will likely request the physical paper to be marked.

That being said, don’t use an erasable pen in any other exam that you have. Just cross it out in a ballpoint one.

Sorry you mean they will correct it with there hand
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Maraim
Sorry what is meaning of physical paper to be marked.

Your paper gets scanned and examiners get sent digital copies of papers. This allows them to mark multiple copies of specific parts (like section A or section B, one essay out of 2) of the exam. If they can’t read the writing of the scanned copy but they know it’s there, they will flag it (let someone else know) and then get sent your real IGCSE paper to mark by hand.
Reply 4
Your paper gets scanned and examiners get sent digital copies of papers. This allows them to mark multiple copies of specific parts (like section A or section B, one essay out of 2) of the exam. If they can’t read the writing of the scanned copy but they know it’s there, they will flag it (let someone else know) and then get sent your real IGCSE paper to mark by hand.

So I will receive my mark right in all subjects
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Maraim
So I will receive my mark right in all subjects

You should for the ones you’ve done so far, yes, but I wouldn’t rely on the examiner noticing it every single time, so I would suggest that you switch to a different pen.
Reply 6
You should for the ones you’ve done so far, yes, but I wouldn’t rely on the examiner noticing it every single time, so I would suggest that you switch to a different pen.

Yes of course I will write with another pen on the remaining papers but I am afraid to fail because of the erasable pen
Original post by Maraim
Yes of course I will write with another pen on the remaining papers but I am afraid to fail because of the erasable pen

Your mark will probably be fine.
Reply 8
Your mark will probably be fine.

But how they will make many copies from my exam and it will be scanned so all of my answer will disappear?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Maraim
But how they will make many copies from my exam and it will be scanned so all of my answer will disappear?

This video should help. In short, don’t worry about it.
Reply 10
This video should help. In short, don’t worry about it.

Thank you very much 🥰😍

Quick Reply

Latest