The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Further Maths Options (19th May 2023)

If anyone did the stats and/or decision papers how did you find them? I thought stats was fine but decision was pretty hard.
Reply 1
Stats and Mechanics, both were very very easy
Reply 2
Original post by gcw4
If anyone did the stats and/or decision papers how did you find them? I thought stats was fine but decision was pretty hard.

1st stats was a nightmare the rest were nice, last decision was a little weird but i think the rest were okay
Reply 3
Did decision 1 and mechanics 1. Mechanics was easy decision was not as easy but not too bad
Original post by enhayi
Did decision 1 and mechanics 1. Mechanics was easy decision was not as easy but not too bad

What did you get for the range of X in the last question on route inspection? I got 8 as my upper bound
Reply 5
Original post by AshDragonTamer
What did you get for the range of X in the last question on route inspection? I got 8 as my upper bound

I got a really weird fraction but I am probably wrong. Also did the full dijkstras algorithm for that question finding route via C which was silly
Original post by gcw4
I got a really weird fraction but I am probably wrong. Also did the full dijkstras algorithm for that question finding route via C which was silly

I got a funky fraction that was like 7 and a bit of change for one route and 8 for the other route. I’m pretty sure I got that dijkstras wrong but it made sense. You just find the shortest path from a to c and then c to f ? I think that was the last node. I liked all of the questions except the linear programming one, I royally mess that up
Original post by Shayaannn
Stats and Mechanics, both were very very easy

The stats was different from the other past papers for sure
For the range of values for x i got 1.6<x<=180/23 and for the linear programming i got P=3x+5y
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
D1 was nasty, but luckily D2 was quite nice so that's good
Reply 10
What were the questions for decision??
Original post by Uni2024N
The stats was different from the other past papers for sure

Hiya how were the questions different from the other past papers? Would you happen to remember some, I would like to have a go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending