The Student Room Group

Gcse chemistry

For the higher 2023 aqa paper, the answer was 60000
however for one of the numbers i divided by 1000 instead of multiplied by 1000. so my overall answer was 0.06 i was wondering if i could still get any marks for this? it was out of 6 marks
Reply 1
Original post by daveeades
For the higher 2023 aqa paper, the answer was 60000
however for one of the numbers i divided by 1000 instead of multiplied by 1000. so my overall answer was 0.06 i was wondering if i could still get any marks for this? it was out of 6 marks

It depends at what point that step was, the marks are given based on at what stage did you mess up and how much it affected your final answer i.e. if you messed up on step 3 of 6, and the number was directly involved for the next 3 steps then technically you also used the wrong value for the next 3 steps so you'd lose all the marks.

But if your division of 1000 was the final step then most likely you'll still get 5 marks assuming they were no other errors.
Reply 2
Original post by ZedBMA
It depends at what point that step was, the marks are given based on at what stage did you mess up and how much it affected your final answer i.e. if you messed up on step 3 of 6, and the number was directly involved for the next 3 steps then technically you also used the wrong value for the next 3 steps so you'd lose all the marks.

But if your division of 1000 was the final step then most likely you'll still get 5 marks assuming they were no other errors.

ah yes that makes sense, thank you. unfortunately i think it was one of the first steps 😔
Reply 3
Original post by daveeades
ah yes that makes sense, thank you. unfortunately i think it was one of the first steps 😔

Don't worry it's a learning process, believe in yourself and the rest of your papers.

Quick Reply

Latest