The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 1

Poll

What question do you need the most help on?

Hey Guys, English teacher here.

Please send through any question that you need an answer to, I will also be more than happy to quickly mark any answers if you want to.

If you need any tips or advice please let me know and I will try to respond to you guys.

Thank you and I hope to speak to you soon!
Reply 1
Original post by imaan.zara1

Please send through any question that you need an answer to, I will also be more than happy to quickly mark any answers if you want to.

If you need any tips or advice please let me know and I will try to respond to you guys.

Thank you so much, that’s so nice, just wondering if you have any high-grade creative writing examples you could share as I’m kind of struggling on what I should be aiming for
Reply 2
You call yourself an English teacher, yet you've decided to put 'Student' as your occupation. How interesting.
Original post by Tolgash
You call yourself an English teacher, yet you've decided to put 'Student' as your occupation. How interesting.

Hi no hate but maybe read it properly as to what it says in the occupation title.
Original post by sara0131313
Thank you so much, that’s so nice, just wondering if you have any high-grade creative writing examples you could share as I’m kind of struggling on what I should be aiming for

Hey,

I will have a look and then sen through to you.
Original post by sara0131313

Write a description about a person who has made a strong impression on you.

Gradually, I awake and open my eyes only to see the cracked white ceiling which greets me every day. Here I sit, slumped in the bed with the scratchy white sheets hugging me and muffled beeping noises jumping into my ears. Rubbing the sleep crust from my bloodshot eyes, I observe the scene before me. The sound of footsteps overlapping as nurses rush from bed to bed; the metallic tang from stainless steel invading my nostrils; the cold metal bed rail imprisoning and mocking me; the pungent scent of antiseptic troubling me and the blood-curdling cries and moans utterly terrifying me. Using all my strength, I try to imagine I am somewhere else, anywhere else but here.

Crowds, signs, roars: it was 1903 and the suffragette movement had begun. It was a crisp night, refreshing almost and I had taken to the streets. It was like I was possessed by something that night, some urge and deep desire within me that had led me there, surrounded by women like myself. I stood clueless and lost in the crowd; the women yelling ‘Deeds not words’ in unison; passionately parading with large wooden signs and viciously shattering windows with bricks and stones. Despite the violence that was displayed before me, I was not afraid of what was happenHere however, is where it ends. I am aware I do not have much time left, as the doctors have told me so, and spending my last moments in this hospital room is not optimal. However, as I look around I can see beauty within a room which at first glance seems void of it. The hollow medical tubes by my side remind me of the awful act of force feeding I have faced in the past; the shrieks and bawls of patients reflecting the pain women had felt in my time and the bed bars mirroring the prisons we were thrown into and the gates we would chain ourselves too. I know these things may seem far from beautiful, but I can see my past within this room, the power I possessed and the changes I have contributed to today. I know now that I can leave this earth having had an impact. Slowly I close my eyes, I can see her, the women who changed my life many years ago, her name, Emmeline Pankhurst.
Original post by imaan.zara1

Are we allowed to write a story from the picture? even if it says to describe the picture. Also lets say if the story promp was to write about a friend or something can I just metaphorically talk about nature as a friend, how far off am i allowed to stray away from the prompt
Original post by 234532dsd32
Are we allowed to write a story from the picture? even if it says to describe the picture. Also lets say if the story promp was to write about a friend or something can I just metaphorically talk about nature as a friend, how far off am i allowed to stray away from the prompt

Yes of course you can use the the picture to help write your story, however I would advise that you use a little imagination from memory because then the examiner will think that you know what to do and this will help you gain the extra few marks.

About the nature as a friend comparison - that will be really good because you are comparing to a technique including the 5 senses so honestly say hello to grade 7/8.

Good Luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending