The Student Room Group

Options

Hi all, basically I have a tricky situation I have accepted an internship at a large asset management firm in London 100+bn aum however I'm in the final stage of an interview with a pension fund in Bristol 25-50bn aum for a graduate position. The internship in London is convertible but not certain, I believe the salaries are similar. What option do you believe is best?
Reply 1
Original post by Paul120
Hi all, basically I have a tricky situation I have accepted an internship at a large asset management firm in London 100+bn aum however I'm in the final stage of an interview with a pension fund in Bristol 25-50bn aum for a graduate position. The internship in London is convertible but not certain, I believe the salaries are similar. What option do you believe is best?

Large asset manager is a bit of a no brainer here as far as I can tell - even if you don't convert the brand name will be strong (hopefully) which will help. Random pension fund is probably not that helpful depending on which and what the role is.

Bug caveat to the above is it depends on the role as well and what you want to do career wise.

Edit: apols, missed that the PF was a perm grad role. Does change the maths but depending on what you want to do I'd probably go with the asset manager.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending