The Student Room Group

i don’t know what to do

I’m in year 13, i was planning to take a Gap year take ucat and re apply since i did bad in year 12.
i just got my results today and i got A B C.
i studied so hard for all 3, chemistry mostly actually- but panicked in the chem for both exams.

I knew i messed up chem (C) but i didn’t think it was like that & now i don’t know what to do since like 80% of the medical schools say you need at least A BB or BBB/AAC/AAB to resit and then get AAA

is there still any point/hope of me trying to get in? idk what to do or if i should try remark chem or see what exact mark i got

pls help
Reply 1
Congratulations on your results. They may not be the ones you need for medicine today and I am very sorry if you have lost out on an offer.

What is worth congratulating is the fact that they do give you options. You do still have the option to resit and to reapply, even if it’s to a reduced pool of schools. You have the option of doing something else entirely or something else that’s related to medicine, either academically or vocationally.

You have the option of doing nothing in the immediate term and heading into work and maybe a gap year instead. You may have the opportunity to apply to universities abroad. You do have options.

There’s nothing wrong with picking up the phone and calling some clearing options. Or of getting onto indeed and applying for some jobs. They both keep options open without you committing to anything completely.
Reply 2
Original post by hhhhheeeee
I’m in year 13, i was planning to take a Gap year take ucat and re apply since i did bad in year 12.
i studied so hard for all 3, chemistry mostly actually- but panicked in the chem for both exams.

I knew i messed up chem (C) but i didn’t think it was like that & now i don’t know what to do since like 80% of the medical schools say you need at least A BB or BBB/AAC/AAB to resit and then get AAA

is there still any point/hope of me trying to get in? idk what to do or if i should try remark chem or see what exact mark i got

pls help

I would say to look at your marks vs grade boundaries for both B and C subjects, and then think about whether any remark might be worthwhile. But don't give up hope.

This thread may be of interest and may become more active https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6649138 . With the overall grade picture you won't be alone. May be some of the unis will adapt especially for near misses?

Edit - also check if any contextual possibilities e.g. Newcastle partners
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by TMTDRN
Congratulations on your results. They may not be the ones you need for medicine today and I am very sorry if you have lost out on an offer.

What is worth congratulating is the fact that they do give you options. You do still have the option to resit and to reapply, even if it’s to a reduced pool of schools. You have the option of doing something else entirely or something else that’s related to medicine, either academically or vocationally.

You have the option of doing nothing in the immediate term and heading into work and maybe a gap year instead. You may have the opportunity to apply to universities abroad. You do have options.

There’s nothing wrong with picking up the phone and calling some clearing options. Or of getting onto indeed and applying for some jobs. They both keep options open without you committing to anything completely.

I cant go through clearing as i needed AAA ):, & I really want to only do medicine

but my worry is that my pool for options has been reduced so much & i only have like 4 options i think that may consider me, i really wish at the least i got the ABB

pls help

congrats on getting where you are today- I know you may be disappointed but you should be proud to get where you are.

if I were in your position I'd spend the next few days taking it really easy, try to be kind to yourself and take time to reflect on your experience. from someone who took 2 gap years and then got into their chosen uni this year for medicine, I promise you a gap year isn't what its made out to be. restrengthen your application via a job/resitting your A-levels, and then try again.
Reply 5

pls help

pack your bags, go to the home office, and request to get deported
Reply 6
Original post by CptAshGU
pack your bags, go to the home office, and request to get deported

?? what

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending