The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Module enrolment Lancaster University Physics

Hello, I am completing the registration form using the registration centre and i am currently on the module enrolment form and whenever i press it, it says missing pathway. From my knowledge, for the Physics course for Lancaster, i thought there werent any optional modules in first and second year so can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I am completing the registration form using the registration centre and i am currently on the module enrolment form and whenever i press it, it says missing pathway. From my knowledge, for the Physics course for Lancaster, i thought there werent any optional modules in first and second year so can anyone advise me on what to do? Thanks in advance.

The course page, here, for F300 Physics BSc (Hons) says that you have a choice to make with regards to optional modules.

Option 1 is to leave you options open, such that you can choose whichever optional modules you like. Option 2 is where you pick one of three "pathways" where you then select your optional modules from one of the following groups:

Quantum Technology
Particle Physics
Particle Physics with Theoretical Cosmology

From the error message you're seeing, I would assume that it either wants to know whether you're going down the Option 1 or Option 2 route, or it wants to know which Option 2 pathway you want. Can you see anywhere on the form where it talks about Option 1 or Option 2, or the above pathways?

(There are no optional modules in Year 1; they start in Lent term of Year 2.)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The course page, here, for F300 Physics BSc (Hons) says that you have a choice to make with regards to optional modules.

Option 1 is to leave you options open, such that you can choose whichever optional modules you like. Option 2 is where you pick one of three "pathways" where you then select your optional modules from one of the following groups:

Quantum Technology
Particle Physics
Particle Physics with Theoretical Cosmology

From the error message you're seeing, I would assume that it either wants to know whether you're going down the Option 1 or Option 2 route, or it wants to know which Option 2 pathway you want. Can you see anywhere on the form where it talks about Option 1 or Option 2, or the above pathways?

(There are no optional modules in Year 1; they start in Lent term of Year 2.)

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this is what is says:

Missing Pathway
Thank you for trying to enrol. There seems to be a problem at the moment.

Please email Registration at Lancaster to notify staff so they can rectify this issue. Please include your name, Student ID number and programme of study in the email.

This is all that it says and i cannot see anything else.

I’m having the same problem. I was told that the dept hasn’t uploaded something yet so that’s why we are getting error message. Still not fixed after emailing them about it.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this is what is says:

Missing Pathway
Thank you for trying to enrol. There seems to be a problem at the moment.

Please email Registration at Lancaster to notify staff so they can rectify this issue. Please include your name, Student ID number and programme of study in the email.

This is all that it says and i cannot see anything else.

Well, it was just a thought as to what might be going wrong. :smile:

From post #4, it sounds like it's an issue at their end. I'd give them a day or so to sort it and and then drop them an e-mail, so they know you have the same issue.
Reply 5
I’m having the same problem. I was told that the dept hasn’t uploaded something yet so that’s why we are getting error message. Still not fixed after emailing them about it.

Thanks for the reply. Who did you email because im thinking of sending them an email?
Thanks for the reply. Who did you email because im thinking of sending them an email?

I was told by registry staff to email ug physics admissions ([email protected]). I got a reply but they were meant to get back to me but haven’t yet and that’s been about a week
Reply 7
I was told by registry staff to email ug physics admissions ([email protected]). I got a reply but they were meant to get back to me but haven’t yet and that’s been about a week

Thank you, I have just checked the registration area and it is now working.
Reply 8
Thank you, I have just checked the registration area and it is now working.

Thats good to know. Its interesting to know theres now a pathways that Datavenia has mentioned on the link : https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/physics-bsc-hons-f300/2024/ . it was different format a few years back. My eldest she took physics particle physics and cosmology integrated masters and is in 4th year.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending