The Student Room Group

aqua chemistry help!

hey guys, wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this.

you know in paper 2 in the amino acids proteins and DNA section when you can be asked to draw the H bonds between two bases. they often already provide you with one in a given orientation.

am i allowed to just, not use their starting diagram and draw it from scratch as the adenine thymine one i saw today had me weeping for 2 marks.
i understand i then run the risk of making errors in my drawing and i’m not credited for it - but it would make it easier for me.

Original post by vermiIIi0n
hey guys, wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this.

you know in paper 2 in the amino acids proteins and DNA section when you can be asked to draw the H bonds between two bases. they often already provide you with one in a given orientation.

am i allowed to just, not use their starting diagram and draw it from scratch as the adenine thymine one i saw today had me weeping for 2 marks.
i understand i then run the risk of making errors in my drawing and i’m not credited for it - but it would make it easier for me.

I’d always attempt to use the provided sketch first. If you mess it up, then do it all from scratch.
Reply 2
Original post by TypicalNerd
I’d always attempt to use the provided sketch first. If you mess it up, then do it all from scratch.

thank you! i’m assuming it’d still be creditable? it’s just when they mirror invert the bases and i was having to hold up to the light and look through the back of the sheet lmao
Original post by vermiIIi0n
thank you! i’m assuming it’d still be creditable? it’s just when they mirror invert the bases and i was having to hold up to the light and look through the back of the sheet lmao

I’d assume so - provided you messed up the original and had no alternative but to draw a completely new structure.

Quick Reply

Latest