The Student Room Group

freesciencelesson textbooks any good?

has anyone tried any of the free science lesson textbooks? I am specifically look at triple science biology bc I find their videos very useful so I was wondering if getting the book may be helpful? :smile:
Hello, I bought all of the freesciencelessons books (which was quite funny to the people in my class but anyway). The workbooks are full of questions based on the videos on YouTube, so for each video there is a page in the workbook with some knowledge questions. These questions are good to make sure you have a firm understanding of the content. They all have a mock past paper at the back which is quite useful in the build up to the main exams. The biggest issue with these books is that apart from the mock paper, the questions are not tailored to a specific exam board mark scheme, so if you want to really improve your exam technique, you would be better off using AQA past paper questions (or what ever exam board you do) which you can find online. But if you are struggling with just understanding and learning the main content, they are useful, and reasonably priced as well. I hope this helps!
Reply 2
Thank you so so much! This was really helpful and I think I will stick to exam style aqua papers but if I start to struggle more on understanding I will probably get the textbook for more practise to understand it better! 🙂 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest