The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Roommates food

Hello! I have been living in shared student accommodation for 5 years and never even thought about eating my roommates food. But for the last few months I have started stealing. First it started with the basic milk bcx I ran out of mine and was really in need so I just used my roommate milk. But now it got worse. I have been eating my roommates peanut butter and bread (I took it like 5 times). I am feeling really guilty. How can I compensate for it? Also, will I be forgiven by God if I repent my mistake?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! I have been living in shared student accommodation for 5 years and never even thought about eating my roommates food. But for the last few months I have started stealing. First it started with the basic milk bcx I ran out of mine and was really in need so I just used my roommate milk. But now it got worse. I have been eating my roommates peanut butter and bread (I took it like 5 times). I am feeling really guilty. How can I compensate for it? Also, will I be forgiven by God if I repent my mistake?

Just stop doing it, you thief. That's it.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
I have already stopped.but how can I compensate for what I have already done just so that God forgives me and my roommate is at no lose?
Original post by ageshallnot
Just stop doing it, you thief. That's it.
I have already stopped.but how can I compensate for what I have already done just so that God forgives me and my roommate is at no lose?

Your roommate needs to forgive you. Buy them a big cake or something.
You can apologise (if you want to admit it) but just buy them some food, make them a meal or something to make up for it. Feeling guilty about it is a good thing because that means you’re learning from this and unlikely to do it again.
Reply 5
Don’t worry it’s a student norm. Also can’t imagine God is fretting too much over this, in the scheme of sinning
Reply 6

The next time you go out, buy something that your roommate likes, maybe a bar of chocolate? ice cream? something like that, I'm sure God would forgive you for it :smile:
God will never forgive you. You left your friend, who trusted you, hungry and craving for food on lonely evenings, thinking they are going crazy as they thought they had just bought it. You betrayed a friend. You betrayed God.

Hello,

I hope you're well. To be honest, I don't think it is good what you have been doing and it is quite unfair. I would suggest you own up to your mistakes and let your roommate know and buy them back the things you have been using. If you let your roommate know and apologise, hopefully they will be able to move past it. It is best to think about how you would feel if this had happened to you & also, just ask if you can use some of their food, if they say no that is fine, you'll just have to buy your own. If they say yes, that's great and you won't have to steal theirs.

I hope things get resolved
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest