The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

iLPC LLM University of Law/ULaw

I just want to let everyone know before they consider attending Ulaw please talk to people, do more research. I left undergrad with a 1st class honours and have struggled immensely at Ulaw due to the poor support system they offer online students. It's as of we get throw to the wind because we were unfortunate enough to not be able to afford to pay for the on campus degree. I have been told that we don't qualify for oyster student discount despite being a full time student in this cost of living crisis because i don't 'travel on to campus therefore don't qualify'. There is no guidance or support for your dissertation you're simply left to your own devices. All of the material is self study entirely and recorded lectures are however many years old and it's such convoluted information that it's incredibly tricky to learn in such a stagnant way. The price for re-sits is extortion at £150 per exam so if you were unlucky enough to find it difficult to follow the lectures and have to pay for an exam again after forking out 14k at the beginning of the year to teach yourself then good luck finding that money. You cannot access your computer files for the online exams so you are forced to either write out all of our notes (which if you hadn't done at the beginning of the year then good luck to you) in the year of digitisation 2023 or pay an extortionate amount of money for printing yes again alongside the 14k you spent at the beginning of the year. And all they have to say when they give you feedback recording is yes this is master's study so all independent work to hide the fact that you're paying so much money for a **** poor teaching experience from people who don't know you, don't care to know you and are unwilling to help. It has been such a demoralising experience and I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this or whether it is just my luck but it makes me so sad because I have always loved school and loved learning since I was a child and this experience has made me so upset and miserable I hope their board reconsiders some of these shameful decisions
Hi could I possibly talk to you privately I’m starting next month and a bit scared now
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending